“Great food, great atmosphere, great prices - need anything more?”
Review of chops and hops

chops and hops
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Watkinsville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great atmosphere, great prices - need anything more?”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped across the street from the Ashford Manor on the Friday night of a UGA football weekend. It was busy. The hostesses did not have a good handle on who needed to be seated, what tables were clear, etc. They were a little overwhelmed. When we got our table after 50 minutes (we were told 30-35 minutes), the waitress was great and the rapport was instant.

We ordered an appetizer to share and I had the ribeye steak and my wife had a salad. The food was outstanding, the prices were great and the atmosphere was just right. This is not the place for a romantic evening on a football weekend.

We ate at Mirko's the next night (I am not reviewing them, though it was OK) but we definitely made the right decision in choosing chops and hops.

• Visited September 2012

Leipzig, Germany
“Nice food”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good food, friendly staff, good price. No complaints. Right across the street from the Ashford Manor B&B.

Visited September 2012
Menlo, Georgia
“Most enjoyable”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ate here twice over the Labor Day weekend, once with friends and once with family. The hamburger I had (with mushrooms and carmelized onions) was absolutely delicious. The chicken salad wrap was also very, very good. Our service both visits was excellent. I will certainly return again.

• Visited September 2012
Newark, Delaware
“Redemption?”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We went there tonight with a large group. The waitress, who was disorganized, overworked and immature; forgot to put in my order. The owner/manager stepped in and fixed it, paying for my dinner and apologizing. The manager was a pro and did a great job. She stepped in just before I went thermonuclear. I have to say, my pork chops were delicious. We will go back and I can recommend. They need to work on service though and I hope my service experience was an exception.

Georgia
“Loved Chops and Hops”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Eat here on Sunday afternoon. No alcohol sales but the food was awesome without. Each had a different burger. Probably the best anywhere! Real hamburger and the bun was to die for! The fries were cut from a fresh potatoe and fried to perfection. We will go back and try the pork chop and a beer from the massive list! We live about 40 miles from here and it was worth the drive!

• Visited July 2012