“Wonderful place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkinsville
Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Watkinsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently stayed at Ashford Manor while in town for a conference and would recommend it to anyone. The grounds and gardens where in excellent condition and absolutely beautiful! I stayed in the "Safari" room and its decor was interesting and had its own unique style. Very relaxing and I will definitely be back and would highly recommend Ashford Manor to anyone looking for accommodations in this area!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed the Ashford Manor on several occassions in the last 2 years. The unique style of each room, the classic decor and special service brings us back. Due to the last minute nature of our recent stay, we stayed in the Penthouse and the White Room. Both nights were fun and relaxing. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I LOVED this place. I was not expecting to find such a gem in GA of all places. The rooms are charming and cosy - each room with it's own character. We chose the Cottage Hideaway suite that was pet friendly (love!) and had our own private entrance.

The grounds are designed in an authentic European style and it is just divine looking over the terraced gardens and sitting in the sun with a good book. So peaceful and relaxing.

The best part is the owners and staff couldn't be more friendly, warm and welcoming. And do not miss breakfast! Delicious, filling, made with care and love.

Utterly charming and delightful. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Any of the cottage suites/rooms will be more private.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just returned from another magnificent stay at the Ashford Manor. Even though all rooms were booked, my wife and I felt like we had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed relaxing by the fountain, exploring the grounds of the recently expanded property, watching the town of Watkinsville from the front porch, and enjoying a fine dinner at Girasoles across the street (check out the chef's bio on their website). The owners and staff of Ashford Manor have created a special atmosphere which makes this our first choice for accomodations on our many trips to Athens to attend Fall and Spring sporting events. We highly recommend the experience.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served each morning with your choice of "in room" or "dining room."...
1  Thank maf2net
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for the first time in April 2008 when we attended the Masters. It was a little bit of a drive but two of us went to Augusta and two of them went to Atlanta. It was perfect. My wife and I stayed in the White Room the first time and absolutely loved it. The service is great....the food is wonderful.

Fast forward to September 2012 and we found a reason to come back. We attended a UGA football game and stayed in the Asian room. And again, we loved it. We were even fortunate enough to have their creme brulee french toast on the Sunday morning before leaving. Whether you want to sit on the porch, walk the property or enjoy some relaxation, the staff are sure to make sure you get what you need.

Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you travel the Antebellum Trail or want to stay around Athens you should not miss this B&B. The hosts’ warmth and generosity is hard to beat. We felt comfortable here at once. The rooms are decorated with a love for (extraordinary) detail, on the porch you can nicely begin or end your day of travel. The only “problem” is that you want to be sitting in the lovely living room at the same time. In the end we stayed longer than we had planned. A totally not snobby B&B with the best breakfast imaginable. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank IVS827
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I know...Watkinsville, GA...where is that?! I discovered this lovely B&B on a last minute escape from the city/weekend trip to Athens and will plan to stay here every time I visit Athens! The staff is friendly, welcoming and kind, the property is beautiful with pools, gardens and one-of-a-kind decor! Dog-friendly. The Safari Room is so full of adventurous items that many moments were spent admiring the room and memorabilia from the owners' travels. My favorite was the huge world map that served as a headboard...wonderful!
The location is a quick 10-15min drive into downtown. I was not in town for 'the almighty game day' nor plan to ever go to into Athens on a game day, so this was the perfect escape. Relaxing. Between AMB&B and downtown are the Botanical Gardens which you should also visit.
Now one of the best parts...BREAKFAST!!! Oh.My.God. You have a choice of eating in your room or on your porch (this depends on which room you're staying in) or in their dining room. Both mornings we asked for our breakfast out on the porch. We were asked upon making our reservation if we had any food allergies or specifications for breakfast and you are also given the choice as to what time you'd like breakfast served to you. Ours was served with chilled OJ...we planned ahead and purchased prosecco to make ourselves mimosas =)
I really can't say enough about this place b/c who really wants to read lengthy reviews? Just go and experience this for yourself. I am already planning a return trip when friends come into ATL on business in November...maybe next time, I'll go for the Asian Room!

Room Tip: Safari Room! Fun decor and has a private porch on the back of the house.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watkinsville
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#3 of 23 in Athens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area

Been to Ashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!