“An Amazing Weekend!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
Marietta, Georgia
“An Amazing Weekend!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here on a Groupon in January 2013. We were looking for a quiet getaway and this was the place! It really is a gem not that far away from Atlanta. The restoration work is incredible and the rooms are very clean, quiet, and inviting. We had dinner at the Washington Jockey Club across the street and while it was a little pricey, the food was excellent. We upgraded to one of the tower rooms and were so glad that we did. It was very spacious and the claw foot bathtub was fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed the continental breakfast and there was a large selection of fruits, breads, cereal, hot items, coffee, tea, and juice. We had such a wonderful time and feel in love with the place so much that we decided to have our June wedding there! Christy has been so accommodating and a pleasure to work with answering all of my question quickly and truly making my wedding planning an enjoyable experience. I am so excited that we were able to find my dream venue so close!

1 Thank Gwendolyn878

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Martinez, GA
Reviewed February 12, 2013

First, the decor and restoration is remarkable. Our first day and breakfast was wonderful, and we were hosted by a couple and their two children. They were very pleasant and the breakfast was wonderful--two hot items (one was something like blueberry buckle), lots of tea choices, breads, bagels, and croissants, yogurts, or dry cereals. Plenty to eat and very good. We stayed in a rather small, interior room and we asked to see a larger room. After we were graciously given that opportunity, and I was seriously considering a future visit in a larger room.

On our second day we went to breakfast at approximately the same time as the previous morning (about five minutes after 9:00 am) Breakfast is supposed to be served until 9:30am.
We found both hot trays completely empty, the teas selection was limited compared to the previous morning, and bread tray was had only a few slices of bread--no bagels or croissants.
No one was at the front desk, nor could we see anyone who seemed in charge of anything. The kitchen door was open, but no one was in the kitchen. Eventually, a lady came into the breakfast area and started to straighten up the serving table. I asked her we could get some mint tea like we had had the previous day. She went into the kitchen and came back and said it was all gone. I then asked if she could refill the two empty hot dishes. She replied that "the boss lady" makes those dishes up the night before and once they're gone, they're gone. She apologized and left it at that. I forgot to ask her about the nearly empty bread tray and tried to settle for oatmeal from a package while not feeling the least bit happy about the situation. Then another couple arrived for breakfast. When the lady in charge say them come in, she went into the kitchen and came back with refills for the bread tray. We at least go a croissant, but it seemed like the lady wasn't about to refill the bread tray if we were the last to arrive. Service was lacking and non-existent at times and so was a lot of the food. Actually we had seen that same woman earlier on the second floor as left our rooms and headed downstairs to breakfast. I thought she was a maid at the time, so I guess she must have been upstairs while the guests were left unattended in the breakfast room. It is a shame that things we so poorly managed the second day because I won't come back--now I might if Jim and Amit (I believe those are the managers of the first day) would be there during the whole time, but that's hard thing to count on or arrange. This is a a very hard review to rate because they two days were so unalike. After we checked out my husband drove to McDonalds and told me to get anything I I wanted because he felt bad about our breakfast experience and the end of our visit.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are smaller. I could hear snoring from the room next to ours.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 594GarMartinez_GA
Anaheim, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I received a groupon for this hotel. The building and rooms are spacious and lovely. Elevator only goes up to the 2nd floor so if you have a bad back or knees get a lower floor. Everything has been restored. Bathrooms are the best great water pressure..temp. tv in room is small and the free breakfast consisted of store bought danished and a hastily cut up bowl of fruit. Nothing hot.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank D A
Aiken
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed @ the Fitzpatrick 2 weeks ago with a friend and we upgraded to the suite so we would have separate sleeping areas. It was totally gorgeous, this hotel has had a remarkable makeover. Everything was great, Mike and Christy were very, very friendly and helpful. I just stayed this weekend with my husband for our anniversary in a tower room, it was just as beautiful as the suite just not as big. The beds and the comforters are dreamy. We had a great time, can't recommend any higher!

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A sweet little get away for my hubby and myself using a Groupon. The hotel has been beautifully restored. The rooms are spacious. We had a tower room and could see the square. I cannot brag enough about the comfort of the bed and how wonderfully well I slept! My next favorite was the large clawed bathtub I just sunk down into and relaxed. It was totally amazing. The people that own it and work there as all wonderful. We will gladly tell everyone how excellent it is. Definitely on our return to-do list.

1 Thank Melissa C
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2013

While preparing for a business trip in the area, I read several reviews of this hotel and decided to stay there. It was a great decision! My colleague and I both enjoyed our accommodations. The rooms were just as advertised and the breakfast delicious! The restoration has been very well done and the hotel returned to its original graciousness. Business will necessitate an annual trip to the area and I will staying at the Fitzpatrick!

Room Tip: I had the standard room which was great. My colleague stayed in one of the front rooms as a special...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SCRcarolina
Byron, GA
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked an overnight stay at the suggestions of friends that this hotel has charm and history. It was EXCELLANT! The owners, Christy and Mike were so accomodating and gracious. They have done an amazing job restoring this hotel back to it's wonderful splendor. GREAT place to relax and just take time to visit the area. Freindly folks in an area full of history.

Room Tip: We only know about 2 rooms. 202 and 204 are the basic rooms.......but that means that are fully deco...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Thomson
Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Fitzpatrick Hotel? Share your experiences!