“The Fitzpatrick....a southern gem”

The Fitzpatrick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I received a groupon for this hotel. The building and rooms are spacious and lovely. Elevator only goes up to the 2nd floor so if you have a bad back or knees get a lower floor. Everything has been restored. Bathrooms are the best great water pressure..temp. tv in room is small and the free breakfast consisted of store bought danished and a hastily cut up bowl of fruit. Nothing hot.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank D A

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed @ the Fitzpatrick 2 weeks ago with a friend and we upgraded to the suite so we would have separate sleeping areas. It was totally gorgeous, this hotel has had a remarkable makeover. Everything was great, Mike and Christy were very, very friendly and helpful. I just stayed this weekend with my husband for our anniversary in a tower room, it was just as beautiful as the suite just not as big. The beds and the comforters are dreamy. We had a great time, can't recommend any higher!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A sweet little get away for my hubby and myself using a Groupon. The hotel has been beautifully restored. The rooms are spacious. We had a tower room and could see the square. I cannot brag enough about the comfort of the bed and how wonderfully well I slept! My next favorite was the large clawed bathtub I just sunk down into and relaxed. It was totally amazing. The people that own it and work there as all wonderful. We will gladly tell everyone how excellent it is. Definitely on our return to-do list.

1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

While preparing for a business trip in the area, I read several reviews of this hotel and decided to stay there. It was a great decision! My colleague and I both enjoyed our accommodations. The rooms were just as advertised and the breakfast delicious! The restoration has been very well done and the hotel returned to its original graciousness. Business will necessitate an annual trip to the area and I will staying at the Fitzpatrick!

Room Tip: I had the standard room which was great. My colleague stayed in one of the front rooms as a special...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SCRcarolina
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked an overnight stay at the suggestions of friends that this hotel has charm and history. It was EXCELLANT! The owners, Christy and Mike were so accomodating and gracious. They have done an amazing job restoring this hotel back to it's wonderful splendor. GREAT place to relax and just take time to visit the area. Freindly folks in an area full of history.

Room Tip: We only know about 2 rooms. 202 and 204 are the basic rooms.......but that means that are fully deco...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I loved the Fitzpatrick Hotel. The staff were wonderful. They made my midweek stay blissful! Christy arranged dinner for me which was chicken salad from a local cafe that was delicious! I stayed in a room with a deep clawfoot bathtub. After dinner and a hot bath I spent a cozy night tucked up in the comfortable bed. I awoke to a nice continetal breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a clawfoot tub!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Purchased the Groupon to visit and so glad I did! The hotel is beautifully renovated and Kristy was very, very helpful and friendly. We upgraded to the second floor tower room, which was lovely: a great view of the downtown square, beautiful tiled fireplace with gas logs, big bathroom and giant closet. Noise was minimal and the bed was super-comfortable - one of the most comfy hotel beds I've ever slept in.
Got downstairs late for breakfast, so we missed the french toast but there was a variety of fruit, breads, cereals, and beverages. Plus! They serve St. Ives coffee, which is roasted in Gainesville, GA, and is very good. Went to dinner across the square at the Jockey Club and enjoyed a nice meal.
Overall, a great little weekend one-nighter for anyone who wants to get out of Atlanta or Augusta for the night or is passing through that area on a weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fitzpatrick Hotel? Share your experiences!