“Wonderful Hospitality”

The Fitzpatrick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fitzpatrick for a "night away". It couldn't have been nicer. The hotel has been restored beautifully. We stayed in one of the front rooms, which has bay windows, with stained glass panels above the regular windows. The room was nice sized. The bed was very comfortable. My wife especially appreciated the old fashioned tub that she noted was the perfect size and height. We ate dinner immediately across the square at the Washington Jockey Club restaurant (also recommended!). But equally impressive with the hotel was the hospitality shown to us. I would definitely recommend the Fitzpatrick Hotel.

Room Tip: I upgraded from the standard room (normal with Google Offers or Groupon) to a front room. I didn...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My favorite part about staying at The Fitzpatrick Hotel was the friendly service one gets when patronizing this family-owned business. Our reception experience was southern hospitality at it's finest. They were considerate of every detail, including moving us to a different room to protect against potential noise from a large party, even though the move was an upgrade. The breakfast was better than the average hotel continental breakfast. The claw-foot tub was heavenly...I seriously didn't want to get out. The only thing I could complain about is how warm our room was. We stayed in the height of summer on the top floor. It being an old building, I think this is somewhat expected. Maybe they could have cranked the air before our arrival so it was cooler when we first arrived? Anyway, if you are tired of dealing with apathetic or snarky hotel receptionists that seem to be the norm these days, stay at this hotel. That, plus the beautiful, historic building, quality linens, good breakfast, etc. add up to a great stay.

Room Tip: We loved room 307, the Deluxe Tower Room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was expecting a nice stay, but I got so much more. Christy is delightful and her dad is very helpful and kind. The bed was probaby the most comfortable bed I have ever been in and nothing says AHHH like soaking in the nice, claw foot tub. The hotel is Victorian, but still with all the modern convienences. I wish I could have stayed longer--maybe become their ghost! This was an anniversary celebration trip and it was over way too soon. I had never even heard of Washington, Georgia until I saw a Groupon for a discount on a stay for two people. I recommend this hotel and this charming town to anyone who loves history and just being with the one you love. Now, I wish I could live in this town.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the bay window rooms, but I have heard that the tower rooms are awesome. I thin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

"Loved it" can not truly say how much I enjoyed this Hotel. Not what I expected at all. The history is rich in every turn of the head in this quaint town. The hotel itself is a staple of the community and sits in the perfect spot on the main street of the town. Well done on refurbishing this beauty of American history! I applaud the owners for everything they put in to this amazing place. The owners were all very friendly and helpful. The home (instead of hotel) was kept in pristine shape. I saw only the best for this gem, the beds comfortable, the linens clean and lush, the architecture sublime, the food at breakfast fantastic...I never had a blueberry french toast casserole until this morning, and was very impressed. Although it was cold on my visit, there was a weekend festivity taking place as a wedding was to happen the next day, the romance was in the air and happiness everywhere was exuded from all I encountered. How could you want for anything better? This is it !

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front to get a view of the main street happenings, but I had one on the back a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent a weekend here. It's amazing to look at the hotel "before" and the hotel now. The owners have done a fabulous job restoring the hotel. We had a great time. In need of a quiet, relaxing vacation? This is the place to go. Just a small, quaint town with plenty of quiet. Breakfast was nice too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this Fine hotel for a weekend. A Great, hundred year old Hotel that has been renovated to original Grandeur. With its 14 ft ceilings, extensive hardware flooring, original fixtures, we had a great time. Only opens weekends as located in a very small town. Washington,Ga. has loads of history and Homes dating back to the Civil War era.
The ' Fitz " is the centerpiece of the town located on its town square which daties back to 1898. Perfect accommodation for a weekend getaway. Had a few beers at "Wings & Things" and a lovely dinner at the "Washington Jockey Club".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After being very disappointed with a local bed & breakfast we had just left without staying in, we found the Fitzpatrick Hotel a lovely alternative. The hardwood gleamed and the ceramic tile was beautiful. Our room was clean and newly restored. Christy greeted us with a friendly welcome and the staff was warm and helpful. We would recommend the Fitzpatrick to anyone who is visiting Washington, GA.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Fitzpatrick Hotel? Share your experiences!