“Great and Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
“Great and Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2005

For our anniversary we stayed at this bed-and-breakfast. It was our first time being at any BNB's and we will definately be back. Very relaxed atmosphere and great and friendly staff!! Just what we needed!!

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the beautiful Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast in Washington, GA. I'm really at a lost for words; It was just awesome!

First of all, the home was beautiful; the decorations looked like something from a magazine. We were welcomed by the wonderful innkeeper, Jean, who made us feel very welcome and at home. She was such a delight to talk with. It's hard to find people who are as nice and down to earth as Jean. We were given a tour of the home and then taken to our wonderful room, The Venetian Suite.

There were snacks, wine, movies and comfort available to us at all times. The breakfast was elegant and delicious! We have nothing but great things to say about our stay.

We walked to the town square, which was only five minutes away, and did a little shopping and eating. Everyone was very friendly and inviting.

I would definitely recommend this bed & breakfast and I will return for a visit myself. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you Jean for such a wonderful time!

The Clouds

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank The-Clouds
Blairsville, Ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2005

My husband and I live in the beautiful North, Ga. mountains, but we too, being overworked, needed to get away. By searching the internet and "Trip Advisor", we fell entranced with this beautiful, little, deep southern, town of Washington. The experience was enhanced 100% by this beautiful bed and breakfast. We were pampered, allowed our privacy, if wanted, and the staff was gifted in serving our needs. The breakfasts served were an experience within themselves, served on fine china and delicious! The home is emaculate! Everything is first class at a most reasonable rate. We can't wait to go back! If you are willing to open your mind and heart, want to step back in time to a post civil war experience, but with the luxury of modern day conviences, such as, a wonderful spa, and air conditioning and wonderful bathrooms, towels, food, (if you drink) a full bar, and space will not permit me to go on and on. We came home feeling spiritually refreshed in appreciating our love for our country and fellow man. Anyone who stays at the Southern Elegance and doesn't enjoy themselves, would not enjoy themselves anywhere! You will just have to experience it to believe it! We were disappointed we did not meet the owner but the staff took excellant care of us! True Southern hospitality! They are our family now and hope you too, will enjoy this unique experience!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank cakelady797
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2005

If you are looking for a place to stay that will make you feel at home, Southern Elegance can provide this type atmosphere with lots of added conveniences. You might not even want to go back to your real home. The owner, Jeanne Davis Blair, has an incredibly bubbly personality. She provided over and beyond our expectations of a satisfying stay. Her unique personality shows through in her superb collection of fine furniture and accessories. My son compared this B&B to a penthouse suite. It is almost impossible to feel anywhere below Cloud Nine during your entire stay here. My husband and I and our two children, ages 23 and 28, were well pleased with every aspect of our stay. I highly recommend Southern Elegance to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2005

We stayed at Southern Elegance B & B for our anniversary. We have stayed in bed and breakfast accomodations all over the world, and have not experienced such a wonderful place that catered to all of our needs. The home is beautiful and gracious; as well as the people that work there. We are vegetarians, and they made sure that we had delicious vegetarian food to eat. Also, they made our anniversary special with a bottle of wine. We feel that every need and more was taken care of. I would recommend Southern Elegance to anyone.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2005

The proprietor of the Southern Elegance B&B could not have been more gracious or helpful not only with the excellent accomodations but with cooking a custom dinner to helping with directions and site seeing and dinning suggestions. The experience of staying there was excellent in all aspects and I would certainly not heistate to recommend this facility to anyone who would like southern charm with clean safe and comfortable accomodations.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2005

I found this beautiful B&B through the Internet.

After some quite satisfactory e-mail correspondence with Jeanne, the owner, I decided I would take a gamble and be her first guest.

I felt that the "a new broom sweeps clean" saying would apply and boy, was I right!

Right from the beginning, my wife and me related wonderfully with her.

She gave us a great room and a good rate. The place was impeccably clean, no shortage of hot water and a great TV in the room.

A new phone in the room (some B&Bs do not have one), air conditioning and great bed linens and towels.

Jeanne allowed me to use her computer to check my mail, but I would advise her not to do this with everybody.

I hosted some friends who also were in Washington, Georgia, for the Augusta Masters and Jeanne prepared a great meal for this event, at my request.

What else can I say? I hope to be back next year.

Thankfully, after a week as her demanding guest, Jeanne Blair-Davis did not feel I had any "mental problems", unlike the lady from the 1871 House in New York, who diagnoses mental illness from a few thousand miles away.

5 Thank avrooster