“Nice Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Washington
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a fine dinner in Washington, Ga. The Washington Jockey club proved to be a find.
Their decor, service and quality are second to none. The Shrimp and grits as well as everything else was most enjoyable. Right on the town Square.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The food was good, though very rich. I love, love, LOVED the homemade bread and butter pickles that they served with bread, as well as the sweet potato coins. Also, the service was exceptional. Our server was super friendly and knowledgeable.

I do think it is a little over priced, but still a nice experience.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food was amazing. The shrimp crepes were in an amazing sauce. My husband had the pecan crusted chicken which was also outstanding. the veggies were fresh and delicious as was the Bread pudding that i am sure went straight to my waistline.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Since there are few choices in town, the Jockey Club may be the best in town, but the food is still just average. I kind of hate to give this place an average rating because the staff is really nice and do a good job of serving you, but the food just isn’t any better than average.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Washington Jockey Club is the best restaraunt in a town that has been here since 1780 .Located on the city square it has a very good lunch menu and outstanding Friday and Saturday night dinner.It is open Wednesdays evenings as well .I do not eat at one of the 3 restaraunts on the square .This one has been here for quite a number of years.My business has been on the square for over 21 years and it is not too far behind that .In additional to good food the owner is personally involved in greeting guests and making sure everything is to the guests' satisfaction .My wife and I have always enjoyed our dinners their.I am more likely to eat there by myself or with clients for lunch .We had them cater a formal tea for my daughter-in-law in 2011 to introduce her to Washington as has been done since my mother was a bride to be in 1948 .Everything was done just right .