“Not sure why other people rated so high”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Not sure why other people rated so high”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Okay, first let me tell you that my expectations weren't really that high. All me and the Mrs wanted was a place to crash for the night. Before I say anything negative I will say the staff was very friendly and tried to make things right. The first room we had was on the first floor (the young man up front advised the Mrs that it would be coolest since it was so hot. (Just to let you know the air conditioning units are literally window units) The carpet in the halls smelled musty. Not all that bad, something we could deal with, we were tired and just wanted to sleep.The first room was adequate, clean, and upon opening the door we found several fliers for Chinese,Pizza, and other takeouts on the floor. The phone didn't work but we didn't care at that point. But then the dog across the hall started barking and he wouldn't stop. I went to the desk and spoke to the young man and he advised that they had paid for the pet (not for people who travel with pets, they do allow pets if you put down a deposit). Initially, the clerk tried to tell me that there would be a charge for the move and we discussed this in detail and he decided we could transfer to a new room without charges. :-) So we packed up our stuff and walked up the stairs (no elevator)The new room was on the second floor and the room was hot (They don't leave the A/C units on at all when the rooms are unoccupied and since the hotel central A/C is almost non-existent the rooms are extra hot in the summer when we stayed there) As a result, we turned on the A/C (the cover of the A/C unit fell off when I first turned it on) and went to eat dinner for an hour. After we got back the room had cooled to a decent level. We got comfortable and decided to watch the TV for a few minutes. The batteries in the remote were dead (LOL). We didn't have the energy left to go back up to up to the front desk and just went to sleep. Now maybe others have a better experience than we did. Honestly, I was in the military and stayed in many places.. I am not that picky. Maybe it was all just a tragedy of events and we were just unlucky. The place needs remodeling, it is looking long in the tooth and the facilities are kind of rough. The staff are nice and do the best they can with what they have. All in all I will not go back. The room was less expensive than some of the other local places I have stayed in but I would pay the difference for better facilities.

Room Tip: If you stay here during the summer, make sure you get the first floor as even the staff advises that...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acewarner
Robyn M, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to first thank you for complimenting our staff. We try and employee the best of the best. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced and also would like to tell you we are in the process of updating and remodeling our hotel. At this point, we are over half renovated. I hope if you are in the area again, you will give us a second chance to make a first impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Grant
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at this property & it was better than the 1st. We booked a king bed room & asked for the bottom floor. Upon arrival a bit late in the day, we were pleasantly surprised that our request was granted at check in. The room was very clean; the bathroom was spotless; the coffee service was ready to go; and the night was very restful. The room also contained a fridge & microwave oven. The Continental breakfast was one of the best we've seen: juice, coffee, hot & cold cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, toast & waffles! And it wasn't crowded. Check in & out was quick & friendly, and the ice machine is close to the parking lot. It's located in walking distance to numerous fast food as well as sit down restaurants. Couldn't ask for more at the price we paid - just book 7 days in advance for a good discount. Property is a few miles off the main Hwy; but we WILL stay there again on the way from FL to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
super8wr, General Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking your time out and reviewing our hotel. We are so glad that your stay was a super one as always! The management and staff has put in a lot of effort to improve every bit of the hotel starting with the lobby, hallways, outside and the inside of the rooms. It's reviews like yours that let's us know that the hard work is paying off and gives my staff a drive to go an extra mile every time.

As far as the breakfast is concerned we were given a choice of extension till after August to upgrade to the new standards set by the franchise but we went ahead and switched in early June, hence the results! It was bit on the expensive side but compliments from guests such as yourself makes it worth every single penny.

Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in your travels and can't wait to see you again soon!!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very good atmosphere! Great Price! Excellent service! Clean room!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
super8wr, Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thanks for the compliments Mr. Todd.
You just made our day!!
Hope to see you soon.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My company go a job in warner robins and had to find some where to stay.I called around to a few the hotels and love the price the offered me.So i went to see the place, the room and meet some the staff.I have been staying there since 3to5 days per week for the last two months.The room is clean everyday and the service is 5star.Also it location is wonderful.Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: all the stores and hospital is on the same street
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
super8wr, Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Mr. Sean d,

Thank you for providing feedback for our hotel. We are honored to have such customers like you. It is our goal to meet or exceed every guest's standards and we are glad to hear that we met yours. We are excited to tell you that we are enhancing our Superstart deluxe breakfast by adding fruits, oatmeal and yogurt and upgrading to Farmer Brother's higher grade coffee. As always we will be looking forward to accommodating you on your future visits to Warner Robins.

We hope to see you soon!

Samir Cholera
Manager
Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been staying at this Super8 for 8-10 nights a months as a business traveler since 10/1/2011 (~60 nights). Had I not been happy there, I would have moved elsewhere. The rooms are always neat and clean at check in. The service there is 5-star, from the cleaning crew to the desk clerks all the way to the owners, all of whom I now know more like neighbors than as a customer. Whenever I have a question or a problem (once my TV remote failed to work), they solved the problem within minutes! The wireless connection is as good or better than any place I have stayed. The room rate cannot be beat dollar for dollar. In fact, I'll be back there tomorrow night and many months to come. I work long hours so having the coffee maker, fridge, and microwave in the room is surely a convenience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
super8wr, Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Breedlove,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. We take great pride in the fact that we have regular customers like you and that we are able to meet or exceed each one of their needs. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you always choose ours. Me and my staff were very pleased when we saw the review. We are glad to hear that you find our services and amenities excellent, this is exactly what we strive for day in and day out. Especially, the newly upgraded Wi-Fi, glad to see that everyone including you find it much faster and more adequate than before.

You will be delighted to know that we are upgrading to Farmer Brother's higher grade coffee. We are also going to be adding fruits, oatmeal and yogurt to our Superstart breakfast items. Be sure to check it out on your next stay

We hope to see you soon!

Samir Cholera
Manager
Madisonville, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2012

very good accomodations for the price. Employees very friendly, as were the owners.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Troy, Missouri
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our room on the third floor was extremely clean, spacious, odor-free, and pleasantly decorated. The bed was very comfortable and most welcome after a long drive. The
morning clerk was friendly and very nice. I think the room was recently renovated due
to the fresh decor and the contractors' mistakes. When I unplugged my cell phone
charger, the entire electrical outlet came out from the wall (someone had forgotten to
use screws to anchor it). The metal threshold on the bathroom floor had one screw
missing and another was not flush so it was much taller than the others, which my
bare foot found in the middle of the night and left behind a small chunk. The evening
we arrived was rainy so some foolish person decided to move the entry rug from the
front door in their lobby (tile floor) to a side entrance (indoor-outdoor carpet). My two
suitcases and I discovered this by slipping on their very wet floor and landing in their
tourist brochure display. The next morning, the rain was gone and the rug was back.
It was a mixed stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
super8wr, Manager at Super 8 Warner Robins, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Guest Missourigarnets

We thank you for your stay at our hotel! And thank you for taking a time out to write this review. We apologize that you had some issues with the electrical outlets in your room.

I promise you that the above issues will be addressed promptly by our professional maintenance staff and will not occur again in the future. Our hotel maintenance team has recently evaluated and remodeled lot of rooms including the one you stayed in. It was very grateful of you to recognize our renovations despite the minor complications you experienced during your stay. Me and my maintenance team take a great pride in the effort we put in to make this place better everyday and compliments such as yours make our day. I will personally go and make sure that not only your room but every other room in the hotel has the adequate electrical outlets. Also the guestrooms have been upgraded with new digital A/Cs, new accent walls and new bedspreads.

Ever since our grand reopening in 2011 we have made some major improvements to the outside and the inside of the property. We apologize that you had an incident with the lobby floor. We have recently installed brand new non-skid tiles in the entrance portion for this very reason and have ordered some new rugs to eliminate the issue such as yours. Recently we upgraded our coffee program to Farmers Brothers fresh roast coffee and juice with The Florida's Natural. All this was added to our already wonderful deluxe continental breakfast with fresh hot waffles. We are excited about the new additions and I bet you will be too.

We definitely hope we can be of service to you in the future. We can assure you that you will leave satisfied!