“Ice Ice, Baby!”

Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After 500 miles of driving, all we wanted was a drink (we bring the booze!). Up to the room without a cart (none in lobby), into Non Smoking room that smelled like smoke, and into the freezer for some ice. Nice ice maker. Call to the Front Desk reveals we need to turn the ice maker on and there will be ice in about 45 minutes. No other option. So bad. Went to some okay joint for some okay food, but at least they had ice! This phenomenon is typical of Candlewood Suites....guess it's for the long-term folks...not for our type who are one-nighters until we reach our home in Florida. Never again. (My first bad review...but thought I should take the time.)

Room Tip: Grab a bag of ice before you check in!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KandJsBucketList
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear KandJsBucketList,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Arrived late on one night stay and saw a roach as we crossed doorway into lobby. Not a good sign but due to hour checked in. Lobby is not inviting but appeared clean and room appeared clean with large bathroom. Woke in middle of night, large cockroach in bathroom which did me in ever staying there again. Hot water was not in the cards, lukewarm water at best with low water pressure and a fan in bathroom but no switch to turn it on.
When we checked out noone was in lobby the entire time we loaded the car so no one to report bug problem to.
Cross this chain off my list.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscilla58
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Priscilla58,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

We hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of the Candlewood Suites brand and that you can afford us an opportunity of making it right and welcoming you back in the near future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed July 11, 2013

In town for just one night. I travel a lot and here is my comparison to other hotels.

It was pouring rain and this hotel does not have a covered area to park when checking in and unloading bags. Okay, i can get past that.

I was given a room and when I showed up at that room, someone was already occupying that room. The front desk clerk was surprised and went back to the room with me to verify that someone else was already in the room.

The rooms are most likely designed for a longer stay than just one night, since the rooms contain a kitchen. Good thing, because there is no breakfast offered by the hotel unless you want to purchase cold cereal and milk downstairs.

I spent about 3 hours in the evening doing work and smelled cigarette smoke the entire time. I called the front desk and was informed that this IS a smoking hotel. The smoking rooms are up on 4th floor, but I am still smelling cigarette smoke on 2nd floor. The front desk offered to move me but I was already unpacked/settled in my room. I should have moved anyway.

I have stayed in other hotels with "suite" in the name, but those rooms are larger rooms. This room is a standard size hotel room that is about 30% occupied by the kitchen area, which makes the living area of the room much smaller. There was not luggage rack to put my suitcase, but with the remaining space, there wasn't anywhere to put the luggage rack except in front of the window-mounted air conditioner/heat pump. Cleanliness: there was one long (women's?) hair in the sink when I checked in.

Lots of noise from across the hall. Rooms not well insulated for noise.

Overall, this room didn't suit my needs. I think even if I wanted to stay for a longer time, I would choose somewhere else.

Goods: free wifi, easy to find; friendly front desk staff; kitchen (if you need it)
"Others": amenities below average, cigarette smoke, room size, room layout, reduced comfort, lousy mattress;

Room Tip: Only one elevator in center of hotel. Depends on how close you want to be to the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stretch24
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Stretch24,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and found the location of our hotel easy to find. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the outside noise and smell of cigarette. We understand the discomfort this has caused you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I checked in on Sunday evening and had room 329 and after dinner I went to take a shower to find out the water was cold/ Luke warm and the water pressure out of the shower head was at a trickle. Shower dial and connections were wrong as the hot was cold and cold was hot! Poor maintenance installation to allow this simple error. I called front desk and notified staff of the issues. The next day I spoke with front desk and was told they were having some issues. They were going to move me and issued key to a 2nd floor room and then called back after staff checked water and same issue. I was finally moved to a 1st floor room that had hot water at least 2 of the nights and just dealt with the low water pressure. Last night I was there the same issue no hot water. I did see plumbing crew working on new water tanks for at least 2 days. This hotel was very inadequate and travel quite abut for government and by far one of the worst stays I've had. I was not offered any compensation or credit. No management contacted me left a message to explain issues. One other thing I did notice that hotel employees were smoking right in front of the entrance. I don't smoke and don't mind others that do. I think very unprofessional for staff to smoke right in front of hotel. One bright spot was front desk employees were very kind and helpful. I will not recommend hotel to others that come to Warner Robins.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Ray G,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are delighted you found our front desk employees were very kind and helpful. We are truly proud of our staff.

Allow us to take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have documented your concerns regarding the shower and have shared these with our maintenance and management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed four nights at this property in March. We'd had a death in family and the staff was not only accommodating, they were very kind and went out of their way to be helpful. The property was immaculate and our room was very nice. We were traveling with a small dog, and they placed us in close proximity to the dog-walk area. I am very particular when it comes to hotels, and I have stayed in dog-friendly hotels, that place you in rooms that are not the nicest on the property. That was not the case at this hotel. We had a total of four rooms and each was equally nice and extremely clean. Highly recommend if you need a nice place to stay in Warner Robins.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were in town on business for several days and wanted the option to cook our own meals, so we opted for the Candlewood Suites in Warner Robins. Wow! Are we glad we did. We travel a lot and stay in many hotels. I can honestly say we've never experienced this level of customer service. Each and every time we were coming or going, the staff was so friendly. Always asking if we needed anything. We felt like we knew them by the time we left.
The hotel has a large selection of books and DVDs they lend out. They have free self serve laundry and a wonderful fitness center. Our room was great. We had everything we needed to cook light meals during our stay. If we are back in Warner Robins, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest recently. Nothing excites our staff more than to read about a satisfied guest on Trip Advisor.

Once again, thank you for your comments regarding our Courtyard by Marriott in Warner Robins Georgia. We truly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When someone cooks in their room, the smell travels to all the rooms. When I stayed at the hotel, someone cooked fish, and it smelled like they were cooking fish in my room. It was terrible. I went to the front desk, and they told me it was normal, and lent me a can of air freshner, which did help.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

The water in the shower was warm, and got cooler as the shower progressed. I prefer a hot shower in the morning.

I would not stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: if you must stay at this hotel, do not stay on first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warner Robins/Robins AFB, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Doug J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the compliments on the helpful staff and warm shower. However, we do apologize the experience you had with the unusual smell encountered was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I hope that the next time you come through, you give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N