This was our 4th stay in this hotel, and will be our LAST in a Wyndham property. Previously we had not encountered any problems, had always found the staff helpful, breakfast decent, and rooms comfortable and well-kept. This was NOT our experience this trip. We stayed for 7 days and had 9 room nights paid, with extended family there in separate rooms for 2 nights as well.
Our personal experience: It became necessary to be moved to 3 different rooms during our stay because there were problems in each of the rooms. Breakfast was ok, but not up to the standards to which we'd become accustomed, and the staff was complacent at best.
1. The first room had a toilet seat, which was attached on only one side. After less than 1 day of use it fell off on the floor. We made three separate requests to have it repaired. When we returned after midnight from visiting with family who live locally, it had not been replaced. The remedy of the staff was to move us to another room. So we packed up the belongings of 4 adults and moved in the middle of the night to room 2.
2. Room 2. All night long, there was a loud knocking noise occurring intermittently in the water lines. It sounded like someone was knocking at the door. The knob in the fridge was broken too, as we discovered when we retrieved our drinks the following morning. They were frozen solid! We reported these problems and were moved yet again.
3. Room 3...Except for the halogen FLOOD lights just 12 ft from the building outside our windows, and pointed directly at our room, broken box springs, and missing remote for the TV, this room had even more issues. Nothing we could do with the curtains would keep the light from reflecting off the white ceiling. The box spring was obviously broken down on one of the beds, but we suffered through the crooked mattress that leaned toward the floor on one side, and tried to face away from the bright ceiling. We went down to the desk late at night upon return from another visit with family, because the remote was missing. It took 2 remotes to find one that would work, and it wasn’t programmed for our tv, and only controlled volume and up/down channels. We were tired of moving rooms so we toughed it out in this 3rd poorly maintained room. Since we were staying for a week, we were simply trying to be comfortable. It became obvious that the owner didn't care. We were told by one of the 6 different desk clerks (in 7 days), that the owner would be contacting us. He didn't care enough to say word one to us, even after the parent company contacted him and requested that he handle the problems, which had occurred at his property.
The "...Rest of the Story": We contacted Wyndham, the parent company, citing their 100% satisfaction guarantee. They promptly replied and seemed to be open to hearing our plight. Unfortunately in the end, we realized that Wyndham was not willing to stand by their promise of satisfaction at all. We received a 10% refund for all the inconvenience, unrest, and poor treatment from the owner/staff.
We suggest choosing one of Warner Robins' other hotels when staying there. Don't let the fact that the Wingate is only five yrs old fool you. The owner is not maintaining it, nor is he concerned with attempting to please each and every patron of his establishment. There are many hotel chains from which to choose. As far as Wyndham is concerned, if you have problems in one of their hotels, it’s not looking too promising that they’ll stand by their guarantee of 100% Satisfaction.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Warner Robins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate Inn Warner Robins Hotel Warner Robins
- Wingate Warner Robins