“Great Food, Great Service, HUGE Portions”
Review of Southern Comfort - CLOSED

Southern Comfort
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“Great Food, Great Service, HUGE Portions”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This food was FANTASTIC. There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews here, however, but do not let that dissuade you from trying this place. My grandmother and I had wonderful service. We were seated immediately and a menu was brought to us. The food was reasonably priced. I was expecting the meals to be portioned like they were at the Cracker Barrel. Boy was I wrong. I ordered the Country Ham dinner and I have never seen/eaten such a big piece of ham in my entire life. It was falling off the side of the plate! It was deliciously seasoned and went well with my macaroni and cheese and glazed carrots with pecans (both sides were delicious and perfectly portioned.) My grandmother ordered the country fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, and fried okra, which she also deemed to be delicious. We also enjoyed the little corn muffins! Then for dessert, we had the peach cobbler and it was so scrumptious. This was our first time and we will be back again!

• Visited July 2014

Warner Robins, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful, Rude Manager, Will NEVER go back.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went to Southern Comfort in Warner Robins for lunch today. The experience was NOT a good one. We discovered that the ketchup at our table was rancid (not just a little rancid, it was bad). My daughter had eaten all her fries in it (she said she thought it was a vinegar based ketchup). We mentioned it to our waitress who got some new ketchup and also told the manager so that they could check the others in the back as well. The manager didn't seem to really care but said he would be back in a minute and took the ketchup and left. While he was gone my child started to get sick so we went to the bathroom. While we were gone, the manager came back and told James that the ketchup tasted just fine to him and we were wrong, meanwhile my kid is getting sick in the bathroom (she was perfectly fine beforehand). When I came back out with her I asked to speak with him. My waitress went to get him and when he saw it was me, he turned an hid beside between the wall kitchen and dining room, I could actually see him there. Since he would not come back out we spoke with the owners wife. I can't say that she seemed to care but she did see her manager acting like a doof and said that was rude and covered our $18 check. We will NEVER go back there again. Never. I know customer service, I've worked it all my life and that was very poor customer service and poor management skills from their manager. If that were my manager, he would no longer be with my company.

My actual waitress was nice but the Manager was horrible.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Emilee D
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Good, basic food, great price!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Food and service have been consistently good, even after several visits and a few waitstaff changes. The prices are very good. Their catfish plate (served with your choice of two sides) is served piping hot and crisp. Their boneless fried chicken is always hot, tender, and crisp. Hamburgers are below fast food prices and always juicy. The only draw back is the music, at times, it too loud for real conversation. However, it can be turned down upon request.

Elk River, Minnesota
“should of read other reviews”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were here with a group of 20 people. My food was salted like the sea! A lot of the food was cold and seemed to be microwaved!!! would not go back

1 Thank char m
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place, good service, so-so food”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a very cozy place. It felt very homey and comfortable. The servers were pleasant and helpful, and quite patient with our various requests.

Unfortunately, the food is a little hit-and-miss. If you go, definitely give the sweet potato casserole a try. A touch too sweet, but that didn't keep me from finishing my portion. The jalapeno poppers also were tasty. Just spicy enough, with a yummy cream cheese filling. Also, the mini cornbread muffins were fluffy and delicious; hard to stop eating them. (Beware Southerners: they are sweet cornbread muffins. Being a Yankee myself, I was fine with this; YMMV.) Mom & Dad got the fried catfish and seemed pleased with it.

I got the roast beef dinner. Unfortunately, the beef was cold and I had to send it back to have it heated a little. (Our server took care of this request quickly and pleasantly.) This came with cornbread stuffing, which I did not care for. It was not very flavorful; it lacked seasoning.

Especially since the prices are reasonable, I would be willing to go back and give it another try. Maybe I just chose a menu item that really isn't their specialty.