“Disappointingly average”

Ranked #40 of 193 Restaurants in Warner Robins
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
“Disappointingly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went here with 2 of my sons. We had the Metropolis Sampler, an appetizer that included 3 tough-as-nails hockey puck Falafels, but the hummus was okay and the lettuce was dark green and crispy; good stuff. The appetizer was served at the same time as the entrees, which was a letdown.

My cold spicy Chai tea was very tasty. My son and i both had gyros. I've eaten lots of them, but none that were greasy; this one required a napkin clean-up after each bite. The tzatziki portion was one tiny plastic cup, hardly enough for a couple of bites, so we ordered more; when that came, the plate of tzatziki had puddles of oil floating in it. (See pic.)

Service was friendly but slow. Had to wait over 15 minutes to ask for a glass of water, and when my tea was finished and I moved it to the end of the table for the server to take, she just left it there, adding to the table clutter.

Shock Top beer was best deal: only $3.75 for 22 oz. on tap, but the obligatory orange was missing.

My curiosity was satisfied, but at a cost of $50.

• Visited April 2013

Warner Robins, Georgia
“What an excellent surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Driving by looking for something to eat; tired of the redundancy of Warner Robins and we came across this restaurant. What a pleasant surprise to have something other than a shopping center gyro to call Greek food. The restaurant offers Greek, Indian and Mediterranean food. My husband and I tried the lunch special chicken curry over rice (served Indian hot) and some hummus. Hummus was very fresh and pita bread was nice and warm. As for the curry... not much to say other than go try it! For a $5 meal, I was more than satisfied and the taste was outstanding. My husband who frequents the middle east said it rivals some of the best he's had. Will definitely be making this one of my most frequented restaurants.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't let the shopping center scare you away...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I really enjoy this restaurant when we're travelling through Warner Robins. We have eaten here twice, the first time I had the gyro and the second time I had the beef and chicken kabobs. The Jasmine rice and vegetables were very good with the kabobs. My wife loves the tabouli salad, having it both times. If you enjoy Greek food, this is a great place to stop.

• Visited December 2012
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Nice Atmosphere - OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Went with my family after church. My family enjoys greek cuisine. The service was pretty good and the surroundings were nice and comfortable. We sat in a booth fitted with pillows. Kind of an Americanized version of the Mediterranean decor. We liked the atmosphere.

The food however was just ok. My gyro was ok. The meat didn't have a lot of flavor. The taziki sauce was relatively bland. I tried several of the other meals my family had and nothing seemed great.

We may go back and give it another try but it was nothing special.

• Visited March 2012
“Our favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I love to eat here. The Greek food is great, but we go for the Indian cuisine, which is outstanding. We were regulars at the previous location (Shahenshah Diner) and we frequent the new location as often as we can. We do miss the naan bread, pita bread is served instead. But, that's a minor concern. The desserts are fabulous. Try this place!

1 Thank lms326