“Hotel from Hades - worst place I've ever stayed in!”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Warner Robins
Georgia
“Hotel from Hades - worst place I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

From the time we checked into this Ramada there were problems. I had kids with me who were attending a local day camp at the Museum. Even though we continually asked for 3 bath towels we were given two (there were 3 of us staying), we saw a 2 inch roach running down the lobby hallway, and our room had faulty wiring. Not to mention the stale cereal and bagels they call breakfast- awful. When we reported the wiring problem to the manager he became argumentative and abusive and actually tried to blame us for the problem! Worse awaited us... when we tried to check out we were told we would not be able to get our money back for that day because we had missed the check out time. (No way to treat a customer!) Then the next morning when we checked out earlier than our reservations, the incompetent staff charged over $300 on our credit card instead of giving us credit- we had paid with cash and the credit card should never have been charged or credited in the first place.
I implore Ramada's corporate office to take away the franchise from the current owners- they should not be allowed to 'serve' the public. They should be sentenced to ten years hard labor in a customer service class on how to relate to guests.
I have stayed in hotels all over the U.S. and other countries including an insect infested thatched hut in Jamaica and I honestly say that the Ramada Inn & Conference Center in Warner Robins is the absolute worst place I have ever paid to stay in as a guest.
Warning to all future guests- under no circumstances stay at this establishment- for your own good- stay as far away from this Ramada as you can! Do not be taken in by the photos of this hotel on web sites or by the rates they offer. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RamadaNightmare
KristaK79, Marketing Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
The hotel management regrets that the guest experienced several issues while visiting the Ramada Inn. We only wished that the guest would have come forward to the front desk immediately if the room given was not to their satisfaction. Front Desk management has a very gracious and generous policy of exchanging rooms.

More than two bath towels are given freely upon request, especially if more than 2 people are staying in the room. We have an ample continental breakfast and Management makes it a weekly practice to purchase items locally to replenish the food supply. Fresh products include a wide assortment of cereals, fruits, and bagels. In fact we offer more of a variety of cereals than most hotels in the area!

Most hotels have a check-out policy and will charge extra if a guest stays beyond check out time. But if notification is provided to the front desk, check out time can be adjusted to accommodate the guest within reasonable parameters.

We have a monthly contract with a nationally known pest control company to diligently exterminate “unwanted pests” and can call them on a moment’s notice if any pop-up between scheduled appointments. The summer months can be extremely challenging!

The new owner and management have recently injected over $500,000 to upgrade the interior and exterior facilities as the hotel had fallen into severe disrepair several years back. In just over a year the hotel is doing much better financially and has a gained more respect within the community. We are resolved in assuring that the guest only has a positive and enjoyable experience that reflects favorable on this hotel, the city of Warner Robins and Ramada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I was given a room in the back of the hotel in spite of traveling with small children. The room had an odor, and when the kids pulled the covers back on one bed, there were 2 spiders crawling on the sheets. The dust ruffle on the bed was dirty, the sink was dirty and had grime on the faucet. The furniture was old and stained, the carpet felt sticky to your bare feet and worse of all, THE PILLOWCASE WAS SO FILTHY I TOOK THE ENTIRE PILLOW TO THE FRONT DESK and asked for another room. The nice young man working that night tried to get into 5 different rooms because the keys did not work. Finally, at 1:00 a.m. in the morning he was able to find a room he could get into, so here I am moving suitcases and small children at 1:00 am. That room was cleaner but not much better. I didn't see any breakfast, the fitness room was a joke, and the lobby was dated. The next day I went to take the kids swimming and discovered that the pool was not open, and it was FILTHY. When I went to the front desk to complain about the pool, a lady with a heavy accent tried to convince me that the pool cleaner had in fact been there cleaning the pool that day. I told her it had not been cleaned and I took pictures of the dirty pool along with the crappy room we were given. I told her I was checking out and would not stay another night there, and that I wanted a refund. She said she wasn't the manager and to leave the manager something in writing, which I did. To this date I have not heard anything. There are much nicer hotels in Warner Robins. This hotel used to be nice when it was the Holiday Inn, but it is under new management, and believe me, they only care about getting your money. THE PICTURES ARE DECEIVING. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE unless you like spiders, odors and dirty rooms.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
KristaK79, Marketing Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Warner Robins, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
We are deeply concerned that there was so much trouble in acquiring a room to the guest’s satisfaction. The hotel staff has taken great strides to achieve excellent customer care and service.

The hotel was recently inspected by a Ramada team and passed. In addition we have a new housekeeping staff that has become more aggressive in maintaining the rooms to the Ramada standards.

An in-house inspection team was formed to inspect all rooms on the properly to eliminate any further housekeeping and maintenance issues. This will require inspecting all linens, bed covers, and carpeting. The keyless door entry locks are being reviewed weekly to ensure that all rooms open properly.

The pool was just inspected and is in full operation now. Our fitness room contains new fitness equipment as of March 2010.

The new management is injecting over $500,000 to upgrade the hotel after it fell in disrepair from the previous management.

Although we are an older hotel in the area we have favorable comments from other travelers as noted on this website and others. We believe the reviewer did not represent us fairly and we invite them to stay and verify our hotel again.

Travelers are raving about these Warner Robins hotels

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2010

The stay was great, the rooms were clean, and the employees at the front desk were very polite. The breakfast was really good and the rooms were spacious and very well lit. The room had a very nice desk perfect for working and even a good microwave and a fridge. The whole room was cleaned very well. And the location was great, all the restaurants were practically next door and so was the Museum. The prices were amazing and the managers were very good about the money. And at night, my family had no problem at all. I will definitely return to this 5 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bonbon70
New York
Reviewed February 9, 2010

The Ramada Inn hotel # Warner Robins was much nicer than we expected at the great offered price. The service was very good and the staff were always pleasant like they are personally invested in it. I have chosen this hotel for both business and personal trips close to dozen times from the days when it was flagged Holiday Inn with last trip being as recent Jan 2010. There are many local food options that are in the range of half a mile distance and some also deliver to the front desk was more than helpful with a good selection. The beds are comfy, the rooms are wonderful. You can't help but feel great waking up to a free continental breakfast.
This hotel is a real winner! I reccommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
north carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Omg! I visited this place on thanksgiving weekend....what a hell hole! The first room they gave us, we walked in and the sink cabinet was broken, there was pee on the seat, pillows on the bed were missing, the bed was not fully made, and to top it off....there was mold in the coffee pot(with a dirty filter from 1975). They gave us another room, yet the shower worked poorly. The fitness center? Under renovation....the rooms were not vacummed properly and the bed skirts came with a serving on mold...the staff keeps you because they need business...also I had to get four different sets of keys...they just didnt know how to program keys....than they tried to give me the master key...dumb [--]...they really do need to shut this place down....bring your own sheets...just looking at this place makes me want to vomit...the pictures are a lie! Besides the local ameneties...this place is garbage! stay far away from this dump...order it shut down!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family