“Excellent getaway / retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mountain Top Inn

Mountain Top Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Warm Springs
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Excellent getaway / retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

First time at these cabins and we were not disappointed. Very clean. Very quiet. Very far away from everything. Very country. Poor cell signal (which was a blessing), no internet connectivity which was not. The only downside was, the cabin DVD player was damaged. If you are looking to get away from it all, this is a great place to do it! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank David V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Phenix City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed there and have enjoyed the cozy atmosphere. We live only 30 minutes away but it is a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle of home. Located on the Pine Mtn trail alloed us to wake up and hit the trails. The rooms next door can be noisy, especially if your neighbor leaves the television on at maximum volume while they are away for dinner. Eventually quieted down and we resumed our romantic visit. Will definitley stay again.

Room Tip: Take the top floor rooms for a better view.
1 Thank Billy M
Powder Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

First time going to the cabins with friends to just relax. We had a great time! Area around the jacuzzi had slight water damage but the jacuzzi is awesome. Sofa bed was worn and the sofa dipped in for regular sitting... maybe something under the cushions would help. Place was clean and beatiful with plenty of pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. We had no worries just some good BFF fun! I would definetly return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cynthia C
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

First, this was the cleanest place we have every stayed in, whether it be beach house, mountain cabin or hotel room. The decor was perfect inside, with mostly a rustic, Americana-style with just a touch of cutesy country. Lots of authentic pieces from the past. I have never been as enchanted with a little place as I was with this little cabin. Although this cabin did not have an "off-the-mountain" view, what nature could be seen and appreciated was spectacular. The cabin was aptly named "Creekside," and upon exploring our surroundings, we discovered its little namesake out in back of the property. That was very charming. We could hear it babbling away from the back deck. Needless to say, the allure of the inside of this cabin was enough to make one disregard anything outside. There was also a hot tub on the back deck, just made for two that was extremely clean. We also thoroughly enjoyed the double-sided fireplace that can be seen from the living room and the bedroom. We noticed the kitchen was well-stocked with utensils, even though we brought our own pre-made meals to enjoy. If someone chose to cook up their own meal while staying there, they could easily do so. We will mosty definitely be back to stay here and sooner rather than later!! This little place was built for two and set the stage for probably the most romantic stay I have ever had! Thank you Mountain Top Inn!

3 Thank THEMrsG_94
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Simply put this was the filthiest, most horrible cabin we have ever stayed in. I do not know when the pictures on the website were taken, but the cabin we stayed in looked NOTHING like the one in the pictures. It was dirty, smelly, and poorly stocked. We found dirty linens and when we complained we were told that sometimes other guests left the cabin that way and that the owner did not keep an inventory of the items that should be furnished with the cabin!! We had no pots and pans, a 2-cup coffee maker, and a cabin with water damage throughout. We did not finish our stay here. We fought with the very rude owner, David, to get a portion of our money back and went to stay at a chalet owned by Homestead Cabins-they were awesome. Call Homestead. Do yourself a favor and leave David and his Mountain Top cabins alone!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cdk333
MtnTopInn, Owner at Mountain Top Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Reading this response, it is disheartening that this guest had such an unpleasant experience. This is a very beautiful cabin with many repeat guests returning to it. The owner has spent a considerable amount of money updating artwork, furniture, appliances (brand new washer/dryer in 2011), brand new roof with architectural shingles (doesn't show up on the current picture, but it was completed last year in the fall of 2010), brand new King Bed in the master bedroom, etc. Regarding the first complaint, we take a lot of pride in providing the best housekeeping service. Our housekeepers are the most incredible & hardworking employees who have great attention to detail. Many of our reviews acknowledge this. Niether myself or the other manager here remembered hearing the complaint about dirty linens. I'm not exactly sure what the guest is talking about here. Maybe a wash cloth was left underneath a bed or the linen may have had a stain on it which I've seen missed occassionally in even the nicest of accommodations. The reason why I'm mentioning that I don't know what the linen issue was is because we both don't recall hearing anything about it and the front desk reservationist doesn't recall either. In the event that something like this example happened, we would have simply exchanged the linens immediately or sent a housekeeper to the unit to address the issues, as we've always done.
Concerning "we had no pots...", this is statement is completely 100% false. When the guest reported to me that many of the cooking pots/pans were unusable and I should come see for myself, I told her I believed her and I would be down there with a whole assortment of kitchen items. It took me 20 minutes to load up my car with everything that she had mentioned and when I got down there after the guest had supposedly checked out, I discovered that all the items were fine. I couldn't believe it. I was actually very confused because kitchen items do get worn/used and need to be replaced from time to time. In this situation, they were fine. The guest also mentioned the 2 cup coffee maker which was actually a 4 cup coffee maker and we both agreed that wasn't large enough since we were both very big coffee drinkers! When I got down there, I did see the 4 cup coffee maker that the guest complained about and replaced it with a 10 cup. The only way I can think of a 4 cup coffee maker getting into the unit was that the homeowner must have put it in on his last visit. We only put in 10 cup coffee makers in cabins. Regardless, we have brand new ones in stock since they do break from time to time and I was able to change it out immediately.
Again, I am very shocked with how upset this guest was and I thought we had left on good terms. When the guest talked to me at 5pm on Friday, she was fine with me replacing the kitchen items, coffee maker, and a lamp shade that had stains on it. However, I also realized that no matter what I did, I wasn't going to please this guest, so even though it was some time after 5pm, I offered to refund that entire day and the next day. The guest was very happy to hear that I was able to refund so much. I just told the guest that I wish they would have had a better stay since I realized they had a good time last time they were here. Even after they checked out, since my car was full of kitchen supplies I went down to the unit because I wanted to see for myself how bad it was. I was actually very shocked to find that even though I had given back all their money for that day and the next and had already checked them out, the guest had left her mother & kids in the cabin while looking for other lodging even though it was clear that they were supposed to be checked out. The mother was very apologetic and said the cabin was fine. Again, I'm just shocked seeing this review after I had addressed all the issues and pleased the guest by refunding the guest their money. They seemed extremely happy with this outcome.
Blakely, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were simply looking for a place to spend the night breaking up a trip to Chatanooga, but ended up finding aO place we will visit over and over again. Room 7 has got to be the best room for the view in the early mornings and really all day long. The room was nice and cozy, very clean and felt warm and inviting. I loved the high ceilings and the ceiling fans. The back porch that over looks the mountain was so peaceful, the rocking chairs were a perfect touch. Sitting out there in the early moringing with the cool weather and the quiet relaxing view enjoying a cup of hot chocolate was so nice. You have got to experience this place in order to understand. Oh and by the way did I say that the rates were EXTREMELY reasonable. We really were not expcecting what we got for what we paid. It was awsome, the staff was friendly and easy to work with and we just loved the whole experience. We will be going back really, really soon!

Room Tip: You will definately want a room on the top floor, I loved room 7 but if you prefer a room with a fir...
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

During a recent stay at the Mountain Top Inn, I woke up early to watch the dawn break. On the front porch in a rocking chair with coffee mug in hand, I took in the natural surroundings. Aside from birds chatting over breakfast and the horn of a distant train, all was quiet, still--and close to perfect. It was one of many reasons my wife and I have been Mountain Top guests for three visits. And we'll return, sooner rather than later.

Each cabin is unique, but all are clean, comfortable and guest-friendly in every respect. Kitchens are fully stocked with utensils,plates, pots and pans--just bring your own food and drink. The management's "no party" rules keep your secluded surroundings safe from window-rattling rock and raucousness. The hot tubs are almost out-of-body relaxing. There's satellite TV for channel surfing. And W-Fi is available at the rental office if you need to check e-mail or cruise the web, or take your own gear (I used my tablet as a router in the cabin with no problem). By the way, Mountain Top guest services are second to none, friendly and helpful with a sincere interest in making your stay a pleasant one.

While peace and quiet literally comes with the territory, there are plenty
of pleasant diversions within easy striking distance. Wild Animal Safari and Callaway Gardens are good for a day of fun. The towns of Pine Mountain and Warm Springs have gift shops, boutiques and restaurants on-site and close by. If you're visiting from, say, anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon, you owe it to yourself to sample some Southern cuisine--and hospitality.

Getaways are as unique as the people who take them. You won't find 24/7 excitement at the Mountain Top Inn, but what you will discover is what makes it such a wonderful destination. As traffic soars past my office window while I write this, I'm all too ready to grab my wife and head back up the hill...

1 Thank John H
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Mountain Top Inn? Share your experiences!