“Place was interesting. Staff nice. Food ok.”

The Bulloch House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Warm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Home Style
Description: The Bulloch House features a Southern buffet After the Bulloch House burned down June of 2015 the Restaurant re-open in December of 2015 in the Town center of Warm Springs. The buffet main features are fried chicken & fried green tomatoes. There's also a limited menu that can be ordered separately.
Panama City, Florida
“Place was interesting. Staff nice. Food ok.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is an old house that has been converted into a restaurant. The house is very interesting, and each separate ground floor room has a small number of tables. Could be very cozy. Like most people, we chose the buffet - because the value was just too good.

The buffet is awkwardly set up, and inefficient, causing folks to be standing in the main hallway of the building. It's not a very long buffet, though, so it doesn't take long to go through it.

The items on the buffet were good, but not exceptional. The chicken was well cooked, but cut in "non-standard" pieces. It was hard to tell if you were getting white or dark meat, if it wasn't a leg, for instance. While people rave about the fried green tomatoes, they were not appetizing when we were there. Chicken livers looked good. The salad bar was pretty good. The veggie selection was decent.

By the time I got my plate, it looked like a special from Po Folks, and that's a good thing - country cooking (Fried Chicken, green beans, potatoes, etc).

In my opinion, they should change the buffet line, so it wraps around the room its in, instead of bisecting it. This would give more room in there for folks to line up, and hopefully not block the restroom door as much.

Lastly, the price was high for what you were receiving. It was an interesting place, like I said, with good, decent food, but wouldn't be my first choice when I return to Warm Springs.

• Visited December 2013

Georgia
“Wonderful food and atomosphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Southern buffet that is always good. I heard about the fried green tomatoes years before I ate here and now- I make sure to eat here each time I am in town. They have sections where you can buy desserts or even frozen meals to take home. Before or after the meal- they have little shops to look through or shop. Relax on the grounds or just walk around. It just has that relaxing feel to enjoy after a great meal.

Visited March 2013
Cairo, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Food was excellent and priced very reasonable. Look forward to going again.
Fried Chicken excellent and the fried green tomatoes.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best of the Best!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

When I first came to Columbus GA for the summer, my brother and I were introduced to the Bulloch house. We weren't used to eating southern style food at all. But this was a huge treat! Now that I do live in GA, when my brother comes to visit that's the first place that we plan to go to! Staff is amazing, the location is perfect and the food is delicious. Great southern feeling!

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A Southern Treat!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My experience here was great, probably because I understand what Southern food means and know that fatback and lost of fried stuff is typical of our region. I loved the buffet. The friend chicken was fantastic. The hamburger steak with gravy, rice, green beans, fried green tomatoes--and so on tasted like they were cooked up in someone's grandma's country kitchen. There's not a whole lot in the way of restaurants in warm Springs, but thank God for this one. Experience real Southern food at Bulloch House. You will definitely NOT leave hungry. My only complaint is that after I eat this kind of food, it is so filling that I want to find the nearest couch and nap for a couple of hours.

• Visited November 2013