“Nothing special”

The Bulloch House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Warm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Home Style
Description: The Bulloch House features a Southern buffet After the Bulloch House burned down June of 2015 the Restaurant re-open in December of 2015 in the Town center of Warm Springs. The buffet main features are fried chicken & fried green tomatoes. There's also a limited menu that can be ordered separately.
Milton, Florida
“Nothing special”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is just a normal country-cooking buffet type restaurant. It was clean enough and the service was good. But it was nothing special. For the salad bar, the choices for a green garden salad were lettuce, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers with bacon bits and croutons. Enough but nothing special. It certainly was not terrible but it wasn't anything above average.

1 Thank Donna B

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I ate lunch here (our second visit of the last few years) and we enjoyed our meal. This is southern home-style cooking (fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, etc.) and the fried chicken, in particular, was tasty. The service was also excellent and the atmosphere is also a plus. Not a great value at $8.95, but acceptable for what you get.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Twhatty
Barwick, Georgia
“Okay...”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Okay country buffet...not outstanding. Good fried chicken and green tomatoes. Chicken and noodles NOT chicken and dumplings!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank JanieB0411
Roanoke, Alabama
“Dining at the Bulloch House”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had heard alot about the restaurant from other friends. I decided to take my mother visiting from Michigan and a friend visiting from Texas. We were completely delighted with our visit. We went for lunch. The food was fabulous. The tea cakes and the caramel cake tasted just like my grandmother's. The waitress was very pleasant. The fried apples were tasty. I definitely will return again.

Bogart, Georgia
“For those of us in the South, it's just another buffet”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Don't get me wrong, it's a good, solid, tasty lunch priced about right compared to other buffets lunches. It won't disappoint if you go looking to a plateful of Southern type food. But, for those of us who have eaten at dozens of buffets, it is very ordinary. The day I was there, they had fried chicken (a staple of all Georgia buffets), barbeque chicken (mine was cold) and a Mac 'n cheese/ham casserole concoction plus vegies. However, there were no mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes (very unacceptable at a Southern buffet) and the salad bar was very limited. As for the beautiful old home/atmosphere, it's old all right but I failed to see anything special about it.
What can I say? It's much hyped but, in reality, it's just a common buffet.

1 Thank texdawg89