“Unexpected Gem”

Thai House
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Warm Springs
Cuisines: Thai, Healthy
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We were surprised to find any restaurant open this early in the season. The sign in the window said OPEN but with nobody around we doubted it. The dinning room was empty and dark but when we called out we got a response from upstairs. Cheen came down and even though we could only understand about half of what she said we knew we were welcome. We watched her prepare our meal from scratch in her little homey kitchen. Everything was very good. After our meal we could tell Cheen was eager to talk and invited her to sit with us. Cheen is a delightful person and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and conversationwith her.

3  Thank Jim L
There are newer reviews for Thai House

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I visit here every time I'm in the area. I love Mrs. Cheen. She is so sweet and the best cook ever. I hope to visit for a long time to come.

1  Thank martha401
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Feels like I'm visiting my Thai grandmama, despite the fact I'm not of Thai descent. Huddled by the fire while she cooks me some chicken red curry and hot spicy green tea

1  Thank Natalie229
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was amazing to walk in and feel just like I was at home. Cheen and her husband are so friendly and inviting. I loved the fact that she cooked everything from scratch and fresh. She even made a special soup for my son ( as he is a bit finicky due to food allergies) She and her husband sat with us and talked about her life and that she has been cooking for over 50 years. Coming from an Asian background I was so amazed how Cheen and my Dad had so much in common including their great cooking. Our meal was great and cooked to perfeciton. She also has helped many with ailments and has a book of testimonies to go with it. She is known by everyone in town. And she may be small, but don't let that fool you. She is as tough as they come. So even if the sign says "closed", the door might just open up and Cheen will invite you in for a home cooked meal.

1  Thank SNDW2013