“Wonderful beginning trail as well as for advanced hikers”

Wolf's Den Hiking Trail
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Wolf's Den section of the Pine Mountain Trail is wonderful for beginning hikers. The Pine Mountain Trail Association keeps trails better marked than any trail I've hiked in any state. An overlook section has been added to this trail in the last few years. The trail is moderate in ability and is very scenic with the waterfalls and creek crossings. Most people walk to the falls first then either return to the parking or continue the loop. I prefer to save the falls for the end of the hike and I take the first left on the loop trail. This route will leave you with a workout hiking up from the falls at the end of the seven plus miles. I usually choose to hike on other sections of the trail when I'm hiking alone or with my husband because we encounter fewer people on the other sections. If you have a problem, someone is almost always around to help you here. Also keep in mind that cell phones work on most sections. Since I frequently hike alone, I keep the park office number programmed in my phone. 911 works in at least one county the trail uses. I've never needed either but it can be added security for an unsure hiker.

3  Thank Christytra