“Possibly the best day of my life”
Review of Castaway Cay

Castaway Cay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our last stop of a 7 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. It was truly the vacation of a lifetime. It was just my husband and I celebrating his college graduation and we met two other couples our age who happened to be our dinner mates and ended up hanging out with them a lot. It was a ton of fun. We spent most of our time in the adults only areas of the ship and at Castaway Cay in Serenity Bay. It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It was pure relaxation and the most perfect weather. the food at lunch was awesome, as well. I cannot say enough good things about the Disney cruise experience and their private island. The snorkeling was incredible, too! So many cool things to see and plentiful tropical fish. The cruise was worth it for this stop alone. Best vacation. Best day.

2  Thank Crystal V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"burgers"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just completed a 7 day sailing on the Disney Fantasy. It was a perfect week on a perfect ship!

Excellent food, great on-board activities, wonderful ports of call -- Disney is more expensive than other cruises and worth every penny.

Apparently you need mosquito spray for the Mexican ports of call..so bring some or you'll have to buy at the gift shop on board the ship. (we had a slightly windy day at Tulum so didn't need it after all)

If you are doing the Tulum port adventure from Cozumel be forewarned that the seas between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen are rough -- we had many people throwing-up. My family all had the patches on so we were not affected.

If you sail on the Fantasy, hope you get our terrific servers Yadi and Ronaldo -- they were excellent. Plus a nightly treat of magic tricks and/or logic puzzles kept the kids (and dad) entertained.

Overall an amazing week!! Thanks Disney!!!!

1  Thank ReneeC08
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was one of the many highlights of our 7 night cruise. We started out at Serenity Bay, and had lunch on that side of the island. We rented bikes - which I highly recommend, and made our way back over to the family beach. We took several rides on the water slide, which is a must. I counted 4 actual bars on the island. Great gift shop on the island.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We loved loved loved the cabana. It was in a great location: close enough to cookies too and the restrooms, but down the private beach a bit. We had everything we needed in the cabana, so much beach space, floats and toys for the kids... I could go on and on. It was amazing. The cabanas are only worth it if you're sticking around the beach; I wouldn't have soent the money on one if we had planned to do excursions and explore the island. The snorkeling was okay, but we had just snorkeled in St. John 2 days before. Highly recommend the cabanas, but anyway you slice it Castaway is an amazing place.