“I want to be marooned here....”
Review of Castaway Cay

Castaway Cay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Downers Grove, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I want to be marooned here....”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wow, just wow. My family rand I LOVED Castaway Cay. It was gorgeous. Clean, great Disney Staff. Clear water that was waist high on my 5'6" frame. Not to deep for my 6 and 9 year olds. Food was plentiful and good. Activities were wonderful, glass bottom boat ride, snorkeling, tubing, feeding the stingrays. This was by far the favorite day of our Disney Cruise. I want to go back already and I was there less than a week ago.......

1 Thank mamamelon

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manassas, Virginia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Delightful day”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We wanted a relaxing day from the Disney Fantasy cruise ship so didn't plan any activities other than eating, walking around and relaxing at the beach. The island is fairly large but mostly undeveloped. I think Disney uses only something like 55 acres.

There are many adventures to choose from. On the day we docked, it was pretty windy and the seas were choppy so a number of the excursions were cancelled. If you don't choose an excursion there's two family beaches and one adult only beach.

Initially, the family beaches were not too crowded but then the excursions were ending and they started coming to the beach. I sat in a beach chair right near the edge of the beautiful water. Fortunately, most of the parents kept their kids under control but there's always a few in the group who just turn them loose. I don't know how many times the lady next to me told a kid to stop throwing sand. Floats and giant inner tubes are available to rent.

The lunch was plentiful and actually very good. Of course, soft drinks, water, ice cream were available in several areas. The bike path was rich with vegetation and flowers and led to an observation point. We walked the bike path to the point and it was all paved, (part of it was an abandoned runway), level and there was ice water along the way.

Trams ran to Serenity Bay, the adult only beach, and back and forth to the ship.Cabanas were available on the one family beach for about $500 for the day. This allowed you access to cabana-only sections of the beach that were noticeably less crowded.

Look for iced, flavored waters as you return to the ship as well as cooling cloths handed out by two smiling attendants. Overall, it was a fun day even though we chose to do nothing but relax.

2 Thank Yorkiemom19
South Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Disney only do it better”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

On board the Disney Dream is just that, a dream. This was a first ever cruise and I feel now any other cruise we take will have huge expectations to live up too. We did a port stop in Nassau, we had to experience it but wow the humidity on the day was something we were not used to, but still a good experience. Our other port stop was Castaway Cay, what can you say Disney get everything right. We hired bikes for a tour of the island, then snorkelled and tubed but the highlight was snorkelling with the sting rays. This was and experience for the whole family. The white sands of the beach with all the chairs and umbrellas was a sight to behold. The warm enticing aqua blue water was a great place to pass the day away in the warmth of the Bahamas sun. Definitely recommend to do this cruise as so much to do for all ages.

2 Thank aussiefriend2
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a day stop on our Disney cruise to Bahamas. We have 3 kids...5, 3 and 6 month old. All of them had a very good time playing on the clean, sandy beach. There was a kids section where my kids spent hrs. My wife, older daughter and I went down the water slide. We did not explore other parts of the island but saw many folks biking around. All in all it was fun day for the family.

Visited October 2013
Watkinsville, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Castaway Cay Stingray Adventure”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I really enjoyed our time on Castaway Cay. The highlight for me was the Stingray Adventure. Snorkeling didn't quite work out for any of us in our group, but we had so much fun wading among the rays after the feeding. An hour feels like a long time to spend with them... but I could have easily spent two!

I highly recommend this for animal lovers.

4 Thank betamagic