“Nothing short of Cool!”
Review of Castaway Cay

Castaway Cay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Disney's Castaway Cay was certainly a great place to visit with the disney touch. Although there is not a significant amount of things to do on the island, it is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun, while partaking in a few exclusions. We did the glass bottom boat tour which was very cool, and I also did parasailing and the sea-doo experience which was great. The BBQ that was included in the cruise was great, food was as to be expected from DCL, and was so much fun. Staff keep the island clean and enjoyable.

1  Thank SaultDiner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Castaway Cay is an awesome place for families. My husband, 2 year old son and I went on a Bahama Disney cruise and this was one of our stops. There was lots to do, decent food and a beautiful beach. The only downfall was that Disney did not have enough beach chairs for all of the passengers.

1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is the Disney Cruise ship island and it has lots of things to do on the island. We really enjoyed ourselves! We laid in the sun, jet skied, ate a great meal, had our pictures taken with lots of Disney Characters and enjoyed the water!

2  Thank Karen P
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was crazy hot and hard to find shade, but great place for kids! As an advanced scuba diver I was not excited about being told to put on a life jacket thingie while snorkelling in chest deep water, but it's Disney. I came back from my swim to find my family had left a plate of barbecued things, and even cold, it was nice. The water is clear enough to be beautiful and there are slides and other toys for kids. My favorite part was an ice cold Heineken on the pier.
It made is really appreciate how hard the staff work when we saw our drinks server slinging barbecue in 40 C heat!
It was nice to get off the ship.

1  Thank japanmike
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Disney had created the perfect Island paradise at Castaway Cay that is the sort of place you always imagined. The beach was gorgeous and the water was crystal clear azure blue. Lunch was provided with a very wide variety of items, all of which were pretty good.

It is long hike from the ship to the beach areas for us older folks but they do provide shuttle trams.

A number of bars to sit at and enjoy a frozen drink (with or without the alcohol).

A great place to spend a sunny tropical day.