“Decent Hotel, very poor service”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Villa Rica
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed with my family on our way to the Talladega race in Alabama. Location is ok, right next to I-20. We had some issues checking in late. Our room wasn't cleaned properly and we were forced to change rooms. Staff was extremely short, rude and seemed unresponsive and unconcerned with our problems, and by the time we sorted out cleaning issues and a new key after the first two keys failed to work, we finally settled into our room only to be told the WiFi was down for the night and we would be unable to print our race tickets. Customer service was completely absent and the receptionist made us feel as though our difficulties were our own fault, as if we had done something wrong. She clearly did not want to be there. The light were on, but no one was home. If there is one thing that angers me when I spend my hard earned money on a night's stay for my family, it is poor customer service, especially in a tough economy. While the hotel is halfway decent in terms of comfort and size of rooms, what good is a decent room if the service is so poor. Overall just not worth the price for the experience we had.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DannyZ213
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family and I had a last minute event to attend so we booked a room at the Comfort Inn. The staff was very nice and the rooms were very spacious and immaculate. The Hotel offered a nice continental breakfast every morning and the rooms also had a nice size fridge and a microwave. We also took advantage of the indoor pool; very nice. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're ever in the Villa Rica, GA area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

No complaints with this hotel. Standard for this hotel class so nothing luxury. Met my expectations for a hotel in this class. Free internet, free parking, standard breakfast area with the average stuff although it could have been a little better

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

nice hotel. i really liked this hotel. the staff was friendly and very responsive. i really like the indoor pool my kids had fun in the pool. i would stay here again. the location was very convenient off of the freeway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here Sept 2012 and the rooms were nice- now the bedspreads are worn and dirty and the walls have dirty hand prints on them.
Ironing board cover had blood or coffee on it.
Breakfast was horrible with dried out eggs, no sausage, boiled eggs were green inside and area was dirty.
Staff was great and very friendly.
Would like to stay there again but rooms need some deep cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Not much parking. Has a small indoor pool. Room was large and clean. Staff very friendly. Hot/cold breakfast was good. I'd bring earphones for when u sleep. I could hear snoring and the tv from the next room. Room has a distint smell when I first entered like body odor. There are a few places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Chose the Comfort Inn due to location, indoor pool, and "Hot Breakfast". Check in was easy and Crystal was sweet and helpful. The housekeeping staff was not so good. In our first room the coffee tray had not been cleaned and there were ants all over the walls and sink area. Not found until after we had unpacked so that was a pain. Crystal changed our room and I decided to check BEFORE my wife and I moved. Good thing. Room was not cleaned or made up. Bed was unmade, dirty towels on the floor of the bathroom. Went back downstairs and got yet another room (I am glad they were not super busy), went up and checked it and that room was okay. Moved in and got set up. About 3 AM I woke to a strange ticking sound. Turned out to be the refrigerator. I have no idea what it was making the noise but I ended up unplugging the thing for the rest of the night and then again our second night. The bed was very comfortable.

The pool area was great. Indoors with the room itself heated nicely and the water warmed decently. My granddaughter and I played for about an hour and a half and did not get cold. IF we were go stay in this Comfort Inn again it would be for the pool only.

Breakfast was a TOTAL disappointment. Typical high carb hotel breakfast with danish, waffles, bagels etc. Things we try and avoid. Stayed here for the pool and "Free HOT breakfast". The eggs, probably powdered. were overcooked (brown/green and rubbery on both mornings) and the sausage greasy. Those were the only two items that were "HOT". We tried to eat the first morning. Took one bite and left. Did not even try our second morning (I did look on the off chance that things were cooked correctly, they were not). Would probably not stay here again. Would spend less money and PLAN on paying for breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#7 of 12 in Douglasville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!