“The only good thing here, is the wait staff”
Review of The Southern Table - CLOSED

The Southern Table
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Every time, I'm at my son's in Villa Rica, I take them out for Sunday brunch. The wait staff is great, the food is great, but there is always a problem. This time the stove was broke and we had a good hour wait, to get what we ordered. I don't know, if it was just a slow Sunday that we were there, but only 2 other groups came in. We arrived around 11 AM and didn't leave until 1230PM or later. The owner charges over top dollar for what he gives you to eat. I can't remember, even here in New York when I was charged for a coffee refill at brunch.

2  Thank steve r

Reviewed November 24, 2013

You just have to try it to believe it. The chef's idea is to bring his classic training to the food with which he grew up. Like a BLT but with fried green tomatoes and on a brioche bun. Freshly baked (to order) corn bread with grana cheese, green onions and ox tail. Strip steak with an onion and bacon jam. And by far the best hamburger outside of Vortex: white sauce, home-made pimento cheese and bacon with a properly done beef patty (medium) on another brioche bun. And the desserts are fabulous, too. We go every week or so, and always look forward to it. Great brunch on Sundays, too.

1  Thank Rosson45