“Local favorite”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Gabe's is always a great place to enjoy time with friends. Good food. Good atmosphere. Always good to have such a fine place close to home.

1  Thank Dennis T

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner. Although it was a Saturday, we got there early enough that we were seated right away (about 6:30 PM). It's a nice space and not too noisy. My first thought on looking at the menu was that there were too many enticing options; how could we try all of them? (Answer later)
After ordering martinis (both excellent), we started with the boudin balls and the yellowfin tuna. Although the tuna was prepared a millimeter more done than I usually like, it was delicious, and the accompanying sauce was great as well. The boudin balls are similar to Italian arancini: rice and sausage rolled in bread crumbs (Panko in this case) and deep fried. Fantastic! Almost too many of them. Then on to the entrees: roast pig en croute for my wife, and Louisiana Paella for me. Again, both dishes perfect. Nothing cooked to well or too little, and the combination of flavors in both dishes was just right. We also had a bottle of very nice French Pinot Noir at a reasonable price. The desserts looked fabulous, but we were both bursting.
So how to try everything on the menu? Simple! We will be going back as often as possible! You'd never think to find a place this great in Villa Rica (no offense, but it is off the beaten path), but now that we have, we will take advantage.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I had visited Gabe's twice before and I went again Friday and Saturday of last week. Each time I go, I try something different and each time the food is always good. The price is very reasonable, the entrees are big enough to share. I will be back this weekend.

1  Thank Robin C
Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a wonderful surprise! Had heard about this new place through some friends and thought I would try it out for a friends birthday! WOW is all I have to say! Great atmosphere, excellent service, and amazing food. The steak was breathtaking - unusual flavor with the best sauce ever! Chicken so tender you could cut it with a fork! Each dish was plated beautifully - great wine selection and everything so reasonably priced. All in downtown Villa Rica and without the drive to Midtown!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, atmosphere and food just top notch!

My one suggestion to the chef would be to consider a vegetarian dish or something for the clientele on special diets. The food was very rich and there weren't a lot of options without sauces and starches, etc. At least one option per night would be nice. Other than that, perfect place!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Met a few friends there for lunch and ordered the shrimp and grits it was not very good the shrimp were small and tasteless and not very many of them it was mostly a bowl of grits with sauce the service was slow and the atmosphere nothing special