“V Good”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tawau
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“V Good”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tried this hotel out for the 1st time. Dont let the exterior fools you into thinking it is just a shop lot hotel. The room is big enough for a family of 3. It is clean and well maintained. We have no regrets staying here for the first night..and off to the island. On the return trip, we made a mistake to check into the Heritage.But that is another story.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for the top folor with window...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hurricanemax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you find yourself in Tawau, stay here. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The desk and the security both offered to walk us around to find things in the city. Super helpful. They also helped us negotiate a taxi to get to the forest park.

The rooms are big and clean, and the AC is a blessing from the hot city. If you're in Tawau, this is your spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ErikWard
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Staff was super friendly, gave us a top flior room when we asked, which gave us a view of the cityband water. TV was.busted, si they gave us a new room. Paid 32us through trip /agoda and got a great room, clean, ac, hot water and great view.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Clean and nice hotel. and surprisingly cheap. Got a king sized bed room with a window for RM100.

Front office staff could be friendlier though - the reception staff were lukewarm at best. New staff should be shown the ropes promptly. Theyve opened this hotel for quite a while and the staff is still coming to grips with the system. Housekeeping was prompt in fulfilling my request of extra beverages.

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was the newest hotel in town, I was told by a friend. despite the location which is a couple of blocks away from the rest of the hotels at Fajar area and looked less grander than the rest from the outside, don't let this look fool you.
I stayed there for work so internet line was very important, i was pleasantly surprised that I could enjoy watching tv shows online without a glitch. (It could also be because it's a new hotel and not many are using the wifi hehe).
The facilities and items in the room are all in very good condition, the tv is flat screen and hairdryer is provided inside the room.
The staff knew me by name since I extended my stay to nine days, before I moved to another hotel nearby just to try it out. Big mistake, I was disappointed.
Oh by the way, price was affordable (RM95 and above) and around the same range with others in the area.

Room Tip: Like most of the hotels at this area, the lowest price is without a window. I prefer a room with one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business