“Adequate for short stay”

Promenade Hotel Tawau
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Tawau
Sydney, Australia
“Adequate for short stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We only stayed one night here before boarding a cruise. The rooms were adequate although beware of the slight step down into the bathroom which tripped up one of our friends and jarred his back. For the price paid this hotel was fine although I wouldn't want to stay here for a long time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I stay for 3d2n
Hotel is good,, staff very helpful
Room well equipe
Service was fast
Near to shopping mall
Buttt
Far from town
If i , i prefer stay near town area
Alot of hotel around town area and offer good price also

• Stayed September 2012
Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

SERVICE - Service is poor. During check-in, I provide my debit card for payment and instead the hotel require me to pay another deposit again. I did some argue that I don't need this during at Promenade KK but the staff insist me to pay deposit. since I don't have much cash, I had to cancel my card and ask my friends who travel with me for verification process. Then we got our key.

Room: Nice and spacious also. I'm sharing with my friend and got a twin bed sharing room. color of the room is ideal and there is a lightbulb that can be adjust to aid my reading on the bed.

Bathroom: Stand shower and limited amenties but CLEAN

Connection: Wifi only can use cable.. and we need to pay RM15.00 for the cable as loan. Will refund during check-out.. what a lousy idea for doing this.

Breakfast: The hotel breakfast is below average. It is totally different with Promenade KK as the food is not nice and dispointment is TOO LIMITED CHOICE.

Location: Located on a shopping mall. Just go down and we can shop at Servay. Near downtown other location.

Money - Cheap and good for value. Only the service ned to be improve.

Room Tip: Nice Room but don't expect the food as nice as promenande kk
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Tawau hotels

sumatera
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Upon arrival I had to cart my own luggage & boxes when the bell staff at entrance were busy chatting away. Reception was pleasant & professional. Room was average. Asked for an iron and no iron in sight after 20mins I had to call again. No apology for the delay and iron & ironing board is a total disaster, the board was burnt & tattered and the iron had seen better days. It's handle was broken and heavily wrapped with pieces of cardboard & electrical tape. Coffee House staff made lots of nosie with them talking, laughing and at one point shouting. Things could have been better if staff were properly supervised and trained.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Sorry to say but I had my most disappointing stay on my four weeks travel through Sabah at the Promenade in Tawau.
My first impression was quite good. The staff at the reception was friendly and the check-in went fast although they had a wrong date of my arrival in their computer. The room looked clean and spacious.
Then I noticed that my kettle didn't work, then I noticed that the safe didn't work, then I noticed that the sink was leaking. It took 5 hours and I had to ask five different persons (assistant-manager included) until I got a new kettle. To fix the safe I had to ask three persons and although the assistant-manager promised me that someone will fix the sink it wasn't done within my three-nights stay. There was a nice flat-screen TV on the wall but not one channel was clear. Fortunately a cinema just opened recently in the same building...

Do you want to make an international call from your room? Don't even try. It is hopeless. Go directly to the reception. It took me HOURS until someone finally found out how it works. The next morning a new staff was working and the trouble started again. Do you want to try the jacuzzi ? Be prepared for a strong smell of urine. Do you want to use the internet in the business centre? Be prepared to be charged for it. Everything was just too poor for a 4star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 61hitchhiker
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you have to stay in Tawau (which you should try to avoid anyway), this is you're best option. In fact, if you're used to some sort of comfort, it's you're only option. The rooms are good (they still have smoking and non-smoking floors!!!!), the staff superb and the restaurant is quite OK, it has an excellent view!. Avoid the "bar" by all means. We booked a standard room and were upgraded because no normal non-smoking room was available due to some piano competition. The shopping mall is not much, but should give you opportunity to stock up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tolletje053
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here with my colleagues on a work trip to Tawau. It's located just next to Eastern Plaza, the one and only shopping mall in Tawau so far; it's very much like CItitel Mid Valley Megamall and Tang Dynasty, Kota kInabalu - only much less extravagant.

Location-wise, about 20 minutes or so from Tawau Airport; if you're looking for food, clothes, toiletries - you can find them at Eastern Plaza; taxis can be found outside the hotel. That's pretty much it.

MICE/meetings etc - many big events are being hold here, it has a grand ballroom (on a separate wing of the building).

Parkings - you may park outside the hotel or at the shopping mall's car park within the building.

Again, it's new, clean and it is a good option for a few nights' stay - the rate is also good. :D

Room Tip: Try to ask for ocean view room - the view is nice :D
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Meena B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tawau
Heritage Hotel
Hotel Emas
Hotel Emas
#6 of 12 in Tawau Division
Sipadan Mangrove Resort

Been to Promenade Hotel Tawau? Share your experiences!