“Nice, Clean Hotel”
Review of Days Inn Vidalia

Days Inn Vidalia
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vidalia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was in town on church business. The hotel was very clean--hallways, lobby, breakfast area and room. My only complaint at all was the bed; definitely not the best. It was one of those that crunches when you move. I think there was some sort of pillow top mattress pad on, but that didn't alleviate the crunching sound and it was a very hard bed. I woke up stiff and sore both mornings.
Breakfast was what is to be expected--better than many hotels that offer "continental" breakfast. The option of making blueberry waffles was a nice extra. Also I appreciate the addition of flavored coffee creamers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Vicki S

Reviewed October 8, 2013

There are not many choices in Vidalia. I was there on business. The bed was comfortable. Bathrooms clean. 2 musts for me. Not a place for my family but sufficient for my need. Older and just generally outdated. If you just need a place to crash overnight it's ok. Not for vacation in my opinion. Met expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Curt E
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed here 2 times (everyone desereves a second chance) but let me tell you save your money and go else where if you are looking to swim or if you want green eggs. Stayed September 27-29. Advertised in door pool reservationist fails to tell you it's not heated and the spa is broken for awhile. Breakfast consisted of cold yellow and green eggs with cold bacon. They only vacuum around items and do not move anything including table. Crumbs and garbage under the table from the people before us. Makes you wonder if they change the bedding or if they ahortcut on that. Walls in bathroom were dirty fingerprints and all. Maybe they need to learn how to clean. I know its a cheap hotel but we have stayed in much better for less. You can stay down the street for no pool and a nice fresh continental breakfast for about $20 less. Very disappointed. On a good note it is very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dls2292000
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My coworker and i stay at this hotel when we come to Vidailia.

This trip by far was the worst. First, we had to change rooms b/c the toliet was stopped up. When we call the front desk the lady had the nerve to say we can change rooms or come and get the plunger to fix the problem. Of course we decided to change rooms. What kind of business are these hicks running where guest are subject to repairing things in their hotel room.

Once we moved, the room seemed ok. But this morning, my coworker woke up and noticed that her pillow was soiled with black and purple matter. Obviously, she was pissed and disgusted as was I.

We took the pillow to the front desk when we checked out and was not well recieved. Charleene, the front desk staff member really did not give a care. She just said oh ok.

We left. When i got to the car i realized i left something in the room and went back in to ask for the key. Charleene was even more rude. She rolled her eyes at me and asked said 'what?' In the nastiest way and she acted as if it would kill her to activate a key for me.

If your in the area stay away. These hicks are rude!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Jana' M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Though once a major line hotel, well maintained, friendly reception, clean, better than expected breakfast, but a bit noisey clientele, near restaurants, convenient to my work and well located on major road, plenty of parking, good value

Room Tip: All about equal
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank juan32250
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an older hotel, but they seem to have been doing a good job of trying to update some things. The staff was very nice. My kids loved the indoor pool/hot tub even though the pool was kind of chilly. I thought everything was pretty clean which I think would be kind of hard to accomplish with an older hotel. I was quite impressed that I had taken my son to swim very early after breakfast. We were going to go back up to the room and get my daughter once she was awake. I left the pool area for no more than 10 minutes and when we returned...someone had already been in to straighten up and put my chair back! I noticed this in the breakfast area too. They seemed to really try to stay on top of things to make it look presentable and inviting. We slept well. Beds are full size instead of queens??? They seemed kind of small, but I slept fine. I didn't really hear the other guests either, so either I was very tired or the walls are nice and thick. Breakfast was kind of small and the eating area is kind of tight. We actually took our food to the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our one night stay was just ok. Front desk person was sweet and gave us a good recommendation for dinner. We were very tired after dinner from a long drive, so we took showers and wanted to fall into bed. Upon undressing we realized the rug was saturated. Our feet stuck to the rug! We were too tired to complain, so we took showers, kept our shoes next to the bed and used them when we had to go tovthe bathroom. In the morning we looked closer at the rug. Someone must have spilled juice, wine or something else sticky all over. Even our shoes stuck! Front desk was extremely apologetic. We did not use pool, hot tub or have breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vidalia
Hampton Inn Vidalia
Days Inn Metter
Days Inn Metter
#1 of 3 in Metter
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Vidalia

Been to Days Inn Vidalia? Share your experiences!