“Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vidalia
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Very nice. The check-in was fast and efficient. The room was nice and clean. The heater warmed up the room quite fast. Quiet halls. Free wi-fi. The next morning, the energetic manager went to each person eating breakfast to say hello and to see if we needed anything. The breakfast meats were not much, but the waffle and side items were great. No complaints!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was my pleasure to meet all of my guest during breakfast. I truly appreciate the loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Our family (my wife, myself and two small children) stayed at this location back in October of this year. We initially chose this location because I work in the hospitality industry (and so get great rates at Hilton properties -- though I'm not a Hilton employee, per se) and, for us, while the commute was long, this one one of the few properties reasonably close to Georgia Southern to attend a Saturday afternoon game (since we live in metro Atlanta, having to travel anywhere at least 30-45 minutes one-way is not a huge deal).

Our room was as expected -- it was clean and ready to occupy when we arrived. We have two air beds for the kids, and while the space was tight for this (not that we expect space for air beds!), it wasn't a problem. We also typically turn the climate control to ON and not AUTO so as to produce enough white noise for the kids to sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was also as expected -- good stuff. It is a hot breakfast, meaning there were two different hot items as well as a rather extensive array of accompaniments such as a waffle maker, muffins, yogurt, cereal, etc. In our opinion, not bad at all considering its inclusion in the price.

If you want a good place to stay while you're visiting Vidalia, GA or generally surrounding areas, this is definitely a good property. We'd definitely consider again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maestro7
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. I am so excited that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the staff here, we truly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel is a Hampton, so you get what you pay for (actually priced a little high in my opinion) and there are not a whole lot of options in Vidalia.

Stayed here approximately 50 nights over a year and a half period.

Good:
Staff were always pleasant and often accomodated early check-in.

Issues:
Rooms were not always as clean as I would have liked and breakfast was pretty poor.

Overall, as long as you do not expect much, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Oscar_T_Mike
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. I take these as a gift so that I can correct the problems. We are in the process of implementing new items to the breakfast menu which should help the breakfast experience. I have gotten with my Housekeeping team to make sure that the rooms are spotless and clean for all of my guest. Once again, thank you for the response and i would hope that if you are ever in the Vidalia area again, you would stay with us.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

When we arrived the manager Alex, called us by name. When we ate breakfast every morning he stopped by our table to see how our night was . We were there for a golf tournament and will return again next year hoping Alex will be there to greet us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I appreciate the very kind words you made about my hotel. As a HHonors Member, your loyalty is important to me and I look forward to seeing you next time!
santafe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Nice place. I understand it recently has new management. Friendly, helpful, clean, quiet. Nice breakfast, comfy beds.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexcrumpton, Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding my hotel. I have recently taken over as the General Manager and appreciate the feedback.
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have stayed here multiple times with my business co-workers. I have had multiple cleanliness issues. In my most recent room I found shaved hair all over the sink, and a dirty shower pan.

This is the worst Hampton Inn Breakfast I have experienced. All of the food that was out on my first morning was brought out again the second morning. I eventually stopped eating any of the food served here. I knew from my co-workers that this was a poor Hampton Inn, but I still chose to stay here. I wont make this mistake anymore.

The price is extremely high for Vidalia, GA. Additionally, the website pulled a bait and switch, whereby the room rate was listed as $20 cheaper for the 3rd and 4th night of my stay then what they actually charged me. When I checked in I told the clerk that my rate was supposed to drop per my reservation. She told me this was wrong and it always says that online. I told her I had my reservation iprintout f she wanted to debate the point. She stated she didn't know what to do about the problem with my rate. Don't expect much privacy either. A list of all the guests and room numbers of those checking in that day was sitting on top of the counter for all to see; and there was my name on the list of course.

I am a Hilton Diamond member and have stayed at nearly every Hampton Inn in South Georgia, as well as numerous Waldorf=Astoria, Hiltons, Garden Inns and Embassy Suites. This is at the bottom of the list for Hampton Inns. One poor stay may be an abberation; but multiple stays with the same poor experience proves that this hotel is poorly run. I work with approximately 20 co-workers who routinely work in Vidalia, and most have already started staying at competitor hotels here; I suppose I will be the next.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AlexandAmy
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

The beds are great and I especially thought it was a nice touch to have the thermostat controls RIGHT next to the bed. There's nothing worse than waking up hot or cold and wanting to adjust the thermostat and you stumble around in the dark trying to locate the thermostat. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vidalia
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Metter
American Inn
American Inn
#1 of 1 in Metter

Been to Hampton Inn Vidalia? Share your experiences!