We stopped at Guango Lodge as part of a tour with Tropical Birding. We were only there one night, but wished we could have stayed longer. The food was excellent, the birding was fantastic (there are about a dozen hummingbird feeders on the property), and the accommodations were cozy and exactly what we needed. After dinner when we were retiring to bed, someone from the staff handed us two hot water bottles to take to bed with us. What a surprise! Such a lovely idea and they definitely kept us warm. But besides that, I got my target bird: The Torrent Duck the morning we were leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabanas San Isidro, a large reserve with some of the best access to primary mid elevation cloud forest in Ecuador, is renowned for its world class birding, exotic cuisine and outstanding conservation ethic. Our extensive trail system will lead you through gorgeous forest to a Cock-of-the-Rock lek, waterfalls, rivers and even archaeological sites. Fun activities for kids! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cabanas San Isidro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas San Isidro And Guango Hotel Quito
- Cabanas San Isidro Ecuador/Cosanga