I visited as part of a birding tour by Birdquest. Some of the food at previous stops had varied from dull to pretty awful so I was delighted to find that San Isidro lodge had a reputation for good food and service.
We were not disappointed, the food was delicious and well presented with friendly and helpful service.
The setting in the mid elevation of the Andes was stunning, this was a great base for birding and enjoying the outdoors. We saw almost everything that we wanted to apart from the local San Isidro Owl.
Rooms are simple but pleasant enough. They required a walk through the grounds to get to the restaurant (and wifi) but the grounds were a joy, so no problem (though be prepared for rain).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabanas San Isidro, a large reserve with some of the best access to primary mid elevation cloud forest in Ecuador, is renowned for its world class birding, exotic cuisine and outstanding conservation ethic. Our extensive trail system will lead you through gorgeous forest to a Cock-of-the-Rock lek, waterfalls, rivers and even archaeological sites. Fun activities for kids! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cabanas San Isidro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas San Isidro And Guango Hotel Quito
- Cabanas San Isidro Ecuador/Cosanga