Ok. Perhaps my stomach did have a little say in my generous rating of this beautiful spot, but I can't help myself. I couldn't wait for each next meal! Delicious from soup all the way through to dessert (and the best coffee of the trip as well.) I took a few photos of the meals, but they don't really do them justice. Also appreciated all of the vegetable sides they did with each meal... I'm not a vegetarian, but easily could have gotten by on the delicious veggie dishes like quinoa with kale. mmmmm.
We loved our little room. It had a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance. Comfy beds. Warm enough at night with the big wool blankets. Rustic but nice considering that you are in the middle of the forest. The lounge was really lovely. Just a beautiful place to hang out either inside, along the little terrace, or on the rooftop area.
One just feels that they are far, far away when staying there... yet a couple of the meals were better than food I had at the London Maze Restaurant last September! They also make an effort in little ways.... such as having fresh flowers both in the lounge and the dining hall.
Lastly, the staff were so very friendly and accommodating. The servers in the dining hall were always friendly and ready to get anything we needed. The manager (??) whose name, I think, was Alfredo, acted as if the dining room was his own home-- welcoming us as we came in... checking to see if we needed wine and such. Just a really friendly and welcoming guy.
We absolutely loved our stay at San Isidro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabanas San Isidro, a large reserve with some of the best access to primary mid elevation cloud forest in Ecuador, is renowned for its world class birding, exotic cuisine and outstanding conservation ethic. Our extensive trail system will lead you through gorgeous forest to a Cock-of-the-Rock lek, waterfalls, rivers and even archaeological sites. Fun activities for kids! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Cabanas San Isidro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas San Isidro And Guango Hotel Quito
- Cabanas San Isidro Ecuador/Cosanga