All reviews pink beach jeeva beloam fish market beach camp bumpy road private beach indian ocean sound of the waves remote location blue ocean dry season our honeymoon heaven on earth milky way watch sunrise boat trip hotel guests
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the hotel staff was as accommodating as possible. Everyone we interacted with was trying their sincere hardest to make sure we had the best stay possible.

However, there is only so far that a smile can go.

The WiFi, along with the power, only works for certain points of the day. The key to my room did not actually secure the lock, so I spent my 4 night stay with an unsecured room. The beach is filled with trash. The wind is unrelenting, so much so that you cannot really enjoy the scenery, as sand and water and the occasional piece of plastic are all in the air. My sister, who was staying in a different villa, was visited by a rat in her room. My other sister, in another separate villa, had her lights go out in the middle of the night and it took a few days until they turned them back on. The floor boards were loose on nearly all of the decking, and the pathways are very dimly lit at night. The menu is a set menu that doesn't allow for much, if any, substitution, so it's tough for folks with dietary restrictions.

I fully understand that a camping experience requires certain luxuries to be foregone. However, I find the website misleading with respect to the beach and experience offered.

Again, the staff, in my opinion, did their very very best to try to make the stay enjoyable for everyone involved. I'm sure that back when this spot was open, it was great. However, ownership needs to put some serious dollars back into this place in order to make it rodent free, clean, and an overall enjoyable experience for folks coming looking for a getaway experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler31726780670
Fathan19, General Manager at Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Dear Guest,

This review is one of 2 one star and one 3 star negative reviews of Jeeva Beloam by the same group of guests. Please be aware that these reviewers requested a waiver of charges made while staying at Jeeva Beloam and on the room rate. We agree that the 'Assistant Manager', who is the onsite Manager, did not handle this guest's complaints appropriately.

We are in the process of renovating Jeeva Beloam by replacing water heaters, etc. The larger work will begin upon completion of the renovation of Jeeva Klui. This will address most of the issues raised in this series of 3 negative reviews on facilities and amenities at Jeeva Beloam. As part of the renovation we will undertake a retraining of all staff to improve services.

Wind at Jeeva Beloam is seasonal. Not every day is windy. Generally the windy season at Beloam is from mid July to early September. Weather, however, is unpredictable. We are sorry that you experienced bad weather while at Beloam.

Lombok is located between the Pacific and Indian oceans. We sometimes get plastic wash up on the beach brought in by the currents. We hire full time staff to clean the beach however this does not solve the problem. All Jeeva Resorts minimize the use of plastics and actively work with the local government to limit single use plastics. We ask all guests to join us in addressing the issue of plastic waste in the ocean.

Thank you for your reviews. We regret that you were not happy at Jeeva Beloam and will take steps to improve ourselves.

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the Jeeva Beloam with my family for 4 nights and I have to say although the people are kind and willing to help the camp was sub par. The reason I am writing this review is not to discredit the hard working employees but to tell the truth that the website seems to hide. Maybe back in 2008 the photos on the website were accurate in their portrayal, but 80% of the photos are not up to date and left us questioning where those ammenities were. There’s non stop wind and wild dogs/monkeys that roam the pathways that can startle you at night. My sister even found a rat in her room on the second night and had to move out into another room. The food made a few of us sick and queasy, but some other liked it. I would’ve loved to see this place in its “hay day”, because I can seen how once it was a sought out destination, but sadly that is not the reality today. Just do your research before coming to Lombok. Maybe with a manager and updating around camp this place could be back to where it was. But in short... please don’t come here

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank taylorh294

Dear Guest,

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

After visiting in 2017 I have to say I was disappointed this time round. The staff, service and food were all amazing, however when you ask for both reading lights behind the bed, and both power points in your room to be fixed, and nothing happens over severalc days and several times of asking, you realize they know they’re broken, and they’re not going to be fixed.
Went 2 days with no hot water - no biggie when it’s so warm, but it’s nice to wash ones hair properly in hot water.
Ongoing maintenance is clearly not happening - and beyond the staff’s control. Rickety and wobbly bannister rails, algae growth in the showers, uneven decking that needs to be nailed down - and a general thorough clean up of moldy shade sails above the dining area, decorative bamboo outside the bathroom windows for privacy screening that has fallen off... nothing a few days of concentrated TLC and hard work wouldn’t fix.
But the scenery is stunning, the beach amazing - the perfect place to unwind.
Sad to see the so much decline in a such a short time.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank DebbieC1871

Dear Debbie,

Thanks you for your review. We are currently undergoing a 'revamp' of Jeeva Klui and will then begin working on Jeeva Beloam. We appreciate your input and will speed up our revamp plan for Jeeva Beloam.

We hope to see you again at Jeeva Beloam when we have completed the renovation!

Best regard,

Reviewed May 20, 2019

We had a very enjoyable stay at Jeeva Beloam - the location is amazing and you really are swept in to the jungle! The view from any of the rooms is spectacular and is a delight to wake up to every morning.
The staff are fantastic and will make you feel special.
However, the whole place is crying out for some much need TLC and clearly needs an injection of capital to get it back on track if it’s to be considered a top end resort. The place is generally looking “tired” and is crying out for a makeover.
It would also benefit from someone who has consistent English or else it just leads to miscommunication; we had no hot water in the room and when I asked the staff I was told that this was simply because it was on solar. Fair enough - and we accepted this and continued to have cold showers - but on our last day I found out that other guests had piping hot water and that each room had new water heaters so we should have had hot water!
My only reservation about staying here again would be the stories about the rats which I’ve only just seen!! I’m so glad I hadn’t seen these earlier and hope that this dry season they have a better plan in place!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fathan19, General Manager at Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear mp_66_12,

Thank you for your review of Jeeva Beloam. We are pleased to let you know that we have started a renovation program of Jeeva Klui and Jeeva Beloam. We are replacing the wooden decks and many of the amenities at Jeeva Klui. As you mentioned we are in the process of changing the water heaters at Jeeva Beloam. We plan to continue making improvements at Jeeva Klui and Jeeva Beloam over the course of the year. We are also taking steps to address wildlife issues during the dry season at Jeeva Beloam. The wildlife is in search of water and food. We are installing a water trough with plantings near the front entrance of the property as a test this year. We are also cutting back on underbrush and plant growth near the berugas. We believe this will begin to address the issue

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you at a Jeeva Resorts again soon.

Management Jeeva Resorts

Reviewed April 8, 2019

That was my first time in Lombok and it was fantastic. The bungalow is very well-designed, fits the nature and the style of the island's culture. Staff were really friendly and courteous. What I enjoyed most is the nature, a combination of scenic beach, forest and cliffs. The beach is amazing, though the waves are quite strong. Every morning, I could see a group of monkeys in front of the bungalow, how lovely. This is really a place to engage with the nature and restore your soul. Will definitely come back to this place to explore the forest more.

Date of stay: March 2019