“Breathtaking Hideaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jerowaru
Selangor, Malaysia
“Breathtaking Hideaway”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

When I touched down at Lombok Airport, I was worried sick that nobody will wait for me and my brother at the airport to take us to the resort as there was no follow up whatsoever from their side. I have inadvertently forgotten to remind them about my arrival due to non-stop piling work. However, I was relieved to see someone already waiting for us with a piece of paper stating "Jeeva Beloam" there. That shows how important the guests are to them despite the fact that the booking was made about 2 months earlier.

Started with an extremely bumpy road (not for car-sick individuals - better take proper medications with you beforehand), it was compensated with a breathtakingly beautiful view, almost out of this world kind of beauty. I fell in love with the picture of the beach at JB but didn't want to put any expectations to it as there are far too many photoshop-ed pictures of places these days. Thank goodness it was not the case with this resort. What you see in the internet is what you get. I fell much more in love with the view and can't believe how scenic it is, even though it was dry season in September and the surrounding area resembled Africa at times.

The room was nicely decorated with a luxury feel to it. Since they do not provide electricity during the day and it will be too hot to sunbathe at certain time, I spent most of my time on the daybed reading books. It was not a problem as it was constantly windy, to the extent of chilly in the afternoon, I had to wrap myself with sarong while laying on the daybed. An advice perhaps, bring a cover up as in sweater or jacket - it can get a little bit too cold at night.

The food is fantastic, 3 course meals for lunch and dinner and plenty of stuff to order for breakfast. My favourite dish at the resort: 1. Pineapple pancake 2. Fruit yogurt 3. Dadar gulung 4. Ayam taliwang.

As for activities, all you need to do is to inform the reception what you intend to do (i.e. snorkeling, watch sunrise or sunset). Easy and fuss-free. All you need to do is to wait at the reception on time and you'll be heading to your preferred destination of activity. Different location for different activities. For snorkeling, we went to Pink Beach which has a clear, light blue-turquoise sea. It is also suitable for kayaking and diving. For sunset watching, we went to Segui Beach which has the calmest sea but not so beautiful like Pink Beach. For sunrise watching, we went to Tanjung Ringgit - cliff top view. It was just like a place in Australia but with plenty of histories to learn, such as during Japanese occupation period.

All in all, it was a very relaxing and wonderful trip. I love the resort and their superb service. For Malaysian Ringgit, the resort rates can be a bit expensive but worth paying as it is an all-inclusive rate and I could not find fault with the resort. I will definitely come again. Surely.

Room Tip: Beruga Lime (5) has the best view as it is not obstructed and the nearest to Tenda Restaurant. It he...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aisya M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived here at start of our 3 week honeymoon.

In short - remote location (3 hours by car).

Unique - 10 stunning "huts" that are actually luxurious. Unbelievably friendly staff. The food was superb each & every day. Always a wind blowing on-shore. Very peaceful and relaxing. Do not go here if you expect everything to be chic and urban. This is a hideaway - private beach - surrounded by nature. No pool and not that easy to swim in the sea there (waves) so not a place for young children - but that is part of the reason we absolutely loved it & actually extended stay by a day. special mention to Haikal - camp manager - and Jay who serves in the restaurant, but frankly they were all amazing but can't remember the other names ....... anyway big Thank you !!

Room Tip: They are all equally good
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wonderful place especially for honeymoon!! when we got there, we felt like having a private island. The rooms are very comfortable with a beautiful view made ​​us feel at home being there. just for the tips, beach used for activities already get more crowded on weekends, better come in weekdays.

1 Thank omietobs
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I knew I would love this place as soon as I saw it on the Secret Retreats website. It's fairly remote, a fat two bumpy hours from Lombok Airport so we knew it wouldn't be attractive to every Jack and Jill. The 'camp' is small and situated just above a gorgeous secluded beach. The design is just perfect for what feels like luxurious camping in something that's a mix between a luxe tent, bungalow, small villa and room. All with uninterrupted seaview. Towels are fluffy, beds are big and comfy, showers are huge. Each 'glent' has a huge terrace facing the sea which is perfect to watch the waves, read a book, do yoga or just sit and be.
Food is a good mix between western and Indonesian. We were here for 6 days and did not eat the same dish twice. Be prepared to be asked what you want for lunch at breakfast, dinner at lunch and breakfast at dinner. This is something that really bugs me BUT totally understand that meticulous meal planning is necessary in a place this remote. Staff are well trained and go out of their way without being intrusive. There are plenty of things to do including swimming, kayaking, cycling, watching the sunset and sunrise, hiring a boat to go snorkelling, having massages (Sasak massage was fantastic), bodyboarding. I've listed them as the staff aren't very good yet at telling what's possible so you have to ask.
From reading previous reviews I feel that they really take feedback seriously and actually improve what needs to be improved so am sure that soon there will be a folder in each room with info on what's available :). If you like a tiplle be prepared to pay 750000 rupiah for an average bottle Jacob's Creek. There are no spirits available. Bintang Beers are cheaper and juices and water are included in the room rate so at least you won't be left thirsty. All in all, this gorgeous beach camp is perfect for those who like the idea of camping on a beach with a fair bit of simple luxury, away from modern life and technology (wi-fi) with the sound of the waves as entertainment, not minding the odd crawly creature passing by. Go now before this coastline gets ruined.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When I first saw Jeeva Beloam online while I'm looking for a place to stay in Lombok, it was love at first sight. Right there & then I booked 3 nights 6 months before we travel. You read it right I've waited 6 months to see Jeeva Beloam & truly "good things comes to those who wait". I was & still in awe of how everything is so beautiful. There's nothing that I don't love in this place. The details are just exceptional! Truly a very special place that will remain in my heart forever. The staff is very friendly & can speak English well. The manager said all of their staff is from nearby village & don't have any experience in hospitality. I think when you serve genuinely people will feel it & that's what we felt with Jeeva Beloam staff. They will take care of you every step of the way and giving you privacy at the same time. Activities are superb & the views are wow! I can't wait to be back in this paradise! One more thing don't forget to watch the stars at night. It's amazing!!!

Room Tip: The best Berugas is where we stayed, the Lime. You have a direct view of the breathtaking sea.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

As soon as you arrive to Jeeva Beloam you realize that you are in a very special place. After a 3 hour drive from Jeeva Klui Resort in north Lombok, where we enjoyed 3 days, we were ready to discover south Lombok's off the beaten track.
Jeeva Beloam is an amazing Beach Camp located in a secluded beach surrounded of trees. The location is superb, and the area is full of places to discover. The bungalows are very well decorated in indonesian style, with a huge comfortable bed, cool bath and great veranda with a big sofa where you can spend hours admiring the beautiful views to the beach and sea. Staff are nice and always with a smile ready to help. You can do several activities, we did snorkelling in a nice beach close to the Beach Camp, and don't miss the sunset view at their hidden beach: amazing!
Food is very nice, and the quality is excellent. It is true that it would be nice if you could choose between 2 entries, as you do with the mains and dessert, but no complaint at all.
We really had an incredible stay at Jeeva Beloam, and we strongly recomment it!
And don't forget to watch the stars at night!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank davidbc70
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We arrived on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon forgot I owned an iPad and iPhone.
Played a game, read my book, ate and generally chilled out. After 3 days I could of stayed for a month.
The beach is your and yours alone.
No noise, only the ocean's waves breaking a silence, which we loved.
I am sure it's not for everyone but all the other guest we met were very lovely and interesting.
Would I return, of course.

Room Tip: Sea view is the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zeenit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerowaru
Jeeva Klui Resort
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Jeeva Santai Villas
Jeeva Santai Villas
#6 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Jeeva Beloam Beach Camp? Share your experiences!