“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
St George Island, FL
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2007

Everything about the place was nice and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. Pool was cold but clean, grounds were well kept up. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — The nice comfortable bed
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank JoAnn S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Milledgeville Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

Our family started the travel season by going to Wild Adventure Theme Park in Valdosta. While there we stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites. It has been a year since we booked a room here but everything was top notch.
You expect a hotel to be clean, safe, and to get a good nights sleep. The LaQuinta is still a good choice for for those things but the service sets it apart from the rest.
The staff went the extra step to make our stay a good one. They were so nice and helpful, not because its their job, because they are good people.
The maintence man even came to our room and programed The Speed Channel on our tv so i could watch the allstar race.
So , I strongly recommend this hotel . The staff & service, the breakfast & happy hour, and the pool area are excellant.
HAPPY TRAVELS

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — Breakfast Area Is Small
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2007

We were traveling from OH to the Keys and generally try to make it to the LaQuinta in Gainesville or Ocala but we couldn't do it this time due to fatigue. We stay at LaQuinta's because we have 2 small dogs who take that trip with us twice a year and LaQuinta's are dog friendy.
This is a very nice place. The young man at the reservation desk was very helpful in getting us in to this hotel with our LaQuinta Rewards points, transferring from the one in Gainesville which we had previously booked.
The grounds were lovely around the pool area and there was a a large dedicated doggie area with bags for their "business" beyond the parking area.
Room was very clean, breakfast was a nice surprise, not your typical fare - there was hot food available.
We would surely stop here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and closeness to interestate 75
  • Disliked — a little more expense than we like for a stopover
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

The hotel itself was great: wonderful amenities, friendly atmosphere, and it was in a great location. The exercise room was a bit cramped and contained only a couple of treadmills and a stair stepping type machine. Although I only saw it in passing, the pool area looked very enjoyable, and the breakfast/bar area was much roomier than many similarly priced places I have visited.
My only problem arose when I came into my room one night around 11pm, talking on my phone, and looked down along the wall behind the mini-fridge to see a mouse poke its head out at me and then run off. I called downstairs and the front desk didn't seem very surprised, saying that "that little renegade" had given them some trouble in that room before. He did say that he thought it had been taken care of, but apparently not. His only offer was to have maintenance come up in the morning and take care of it. I declined, saying I would try to catch it and if I couldn't then he'd need to have me another room ready because I couldn't have all my belongings nibbled on all night.
He complied and upgraded me for the night, which was the last night of my scheduled stay. In the morning when I checked out the person at the front desk, someone else, wasn't even aware of my situation the previous night, so I'm skeptical to believe that word had been passed on to take care of the rodent problem. But maybe so.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Mouse in my room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

We had a wonderful stay! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location. Clean rooms. Awesome breakfast!

• Liked — Very comfortable beds and thick towels.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family