“Fabulous Value & Dog Friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We needed a dog-friendly hotel & found La Quinta through an on-line search. Great location--right off a major exit in Valdosta--plenty of restaurants, stores, etc. for all your needs. The hotel itself was perfect for traveling w/ a dog--huge, grassy perimeter for walks; we felt very safe walking at night when we arrived & again in the morning. Grounds were very well-manicured & they even supplied clean up bags for your dogs. The staff (Monique in particular) was customer-service focused & very friendly, to all guests we saw checking in, despite the late hour. Complimentary breakfast was also nice. We travel to Florida often & this hotel is half-way for us--we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2009

Thank you for the review! I will share the compliments with our staff and make sure I tell Monique thank you for doing a wonderful job for our guests! We hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2009

I will like to say La quinta Inn & Suites in Valdosta was the best .Words can explain the customer service I received. I will tell anyone if your in the area make sure to stop by and visit . Hot Breakfast Buffet was excellent Happy Hour was Great and fresh baked cookies just delicious. I can just go on and on it was an experience I have never had before at a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! I will share your kind words with our staff! We truly do appreciate your review and we look forward to seeing you again in your future travels!

Reviewed July 6, 2009

I was traveling home from my brother's funeral. I had my 2 small boys, and my elderly frail mother. We arrived late at night because my mother was feeling ill, and we were all exhausted. The young lady at the front desk was so wonderful to me. My mother cannot climb stairs, so she worked diligently to find us a room on the main floor. She even met me at the entrance to make sure I could manage the bags, and offered my mom assistance.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

I am so glad the staff worked to help you and your family out during your stay! Thank you so much for your review - I will be sharing it with my staff! We always do our best to go out of the way for our guests and it is nice to hear it does not go unappreciated! :)

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Had a couple issues with the room....sink wasn't draining properly...and there was lingering cigarette smoke smell in my room (along with a cigarette burn in one of the curtains)...somebody had obviously been breaking the no-smoking rules and was likely smoking out of the sliding glass doors. The hotel was alerted of these issues upon my departure, and they've since then fixed those problems and notified me they have been addressed. The hotel did have some nice 'extras' that I wasn't expecting...such as a full hot breakfast instead of just the usual continental style....had eggs, biscuits, grits, etc. There was also a complimentary beverage service from 6-8p in the lobby which was a nice touch I am not use to experiencing at La Quinta. The pool is nice. The fitness room was not great, but at least they had one....and the hotel staff made me aware that if I wanted, I could use for free the local YMCA facility which was near by. Staff was very friendly and informative all the way around. Overall, a good visit, even though it was very short, just one night.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am glad you reported your issue with the front desk so that we could promptly take care of it. As you mentioned, we do like to take the time to let guests know that issues do not go unresolved - we always take care of them right away to prevent any future issues. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Very nice stay - the room was very clean and the service was excellent. My sister was traveling with us and her foot was in a cast. The clerk went out of his way to provide a downstairs room so she wouldn't have to climb stairs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for posting feedback on our hotel! We wish you and your sister safe travels - hopefully her leg will heal very soon! :)

Reviewed July 2, 2009

we LOVED this hotel. great for our kids AND our dog! good value, great breakfast, large rooms, complimentary beverages and ice cream in the evening. it was clean and we felt safe! the two most important things when travelling with your family. but the best bonus was how friendly the staff were. after a long day of travelling, it was great to be met by a friendly desk clerk who enjoyed his job. and 15 minutes after we checked we got a phone call to see if everything was okay and that we got in okay. i have NEVER seen that - and i worked in the hospitality industry for 7 years. great job - way to go! i would totally recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I will defintiely be sharing this with my staff! Like you said, in the hotel industry some places do not go out of their way to make a person's stay welcome, but we genuinely put for all of our effort into doing so (such as the call to ensure you liked your room and that everything was okay). We hope to see you in future travels and thanks again!

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were received magnificentely in this hotel. The staff is courteous and at your beken call. The evening reception was outstanding including a cocktail reception and snaks. This hotel is super clean, very well decorated and appointed. The two level breakfast room is gorgeous and facing the pool. We recommand this hotel if you stay in or around Valdosta. Southern hospitality does exist.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us in the future! :)