“Couple of issues, but overall a nice hotel with surprising 'extras'.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Atlanta
“Couple of issues, but overall a nice hotel with surprising 'extras'.”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Had a couple issues with the room....sink wasn't draining properly...and there was lingering cigarette smoke smell in my room (along with a cigarette burn in one of the curtains)...somebody had obviously been breaking the no-smoking rules and was likely smoking out of the sliding glass doors. The hotel was alerted of these issues upon my departure, and they've since then fixed those problems and notified me they have been addressed. The hotel did have some nice 'extras' that I wasn't expecting...such as a full hot breakfast instead of just the usual continental style....had eggs, biscuits, grits, etc. There was also a complimentary beverage service from 6-8p in the lobby which was a nice touch I am not use to experiencing at La Quinta. The pool is nice. The fitness room was not great, but at least they had one....and the hotel staff made me aware that if I wanted, I could use for free the local YMCA facility which was near by. Staff was very friendly and informative all the way around. Overall, a good visit, even though it was very short, just one night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
Thank you for your review! I am glad you reported your issue with the front desk so that we could promptly take care of it. As you mentioned, we do like to take the time to let guests know that issues do not go unresolved - we always take care of them right away to prevent any future issues. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Very nice stay - the room was very clean and the service was excellent. My sister was traveling with us and her foot was in a cast. The clerk went out of his way to provide a downstairs room so she wouldn't have to climb stairs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, July 17, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and for posting feedback on our hotel! We wish you and your sister safe travels - hopefully her leg will heal very soon! :)
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed July 2, 2009

we LOVED this hotel. great for our kids AND our dog! good value, great breakfast, large rooms, complimentary beverages and ice cream in the evening. it was clean and we felt safe! the two most important things when travelling with your family. but the best bonus was how friendly the staff were. after a long day of travelling, it was great to be met by a friendly desk clerk who enjoyed his job. and 15 minutes after we checked we got a phone call to see if everything was okay and that we got in okay. i have NEVER seen that - and i worked in the hospitality industry for 7 years. great job - way to go! i would totally recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I will defintiely be sharing this with my staff! Like you said, in the hotel industry some places do not go out of their way to make a person's stay welcome, but we genuinely put for all of our effort into doing so (such as the call to ensure you liked your room and that everything was okay). We hope to see you in future travels and thanks again!
California
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were received magnificentely in this hotel. The staff is courteous and at your beken call. The evening reception was outstanding including a cocktail reception and snaks. This hotel is super clean, very well decorated and appointed. The two level breakfast room is gorgeous and facing the pool. We recommand this hotel if you stay in or around Valdosta. Southern hospitality does exist.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us in the future! :)
satellite beach, fl
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Excellent hotel. It was clean, clean, clean. We had a King suite. The king bed was in a separate bedroom and was VERY comfortable. The living area was very spacious. It was great to have separate tvs. It was raining so we did not use the pool area although it looked very nice. There was even a real breakfast in the morning with eggs,biscuits, sausage and grits as well as continental standards. The food area was very clean also. The staff at this La Quinta should be commended for keeping a top notch hotel! The best part was getting all of this and not breaking the bank. Thanks for a great stay....you should train others to keep their hotels as nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your response! We are so happy to see that you were very satisfied with out services and hotel overall - I will share your feedback with staff members. We will look forward to seeing you again in your future travels!
valdosta
Reviewed June 30, 2009

the service was polite, helpful and competent. my room was clean and very comfortable. the pool and jacuzzi were a nice treat. complimentary wine, cookies and breakfast was adequate. had a good internet connection with my ipod to check email and surf websites. check-in and check-out were easy and i loved that i didn't have to leave til noon, nor return my key to the front desk (left in room). LOVED the door key holder above the door handle. good idea! my only point of dissatisfaction was being placed in a room next to a main entrance, where night entrance users were audible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay (minus the entry way door you mentioned - next time we'll be sure to keep you away from it so just let us know as you are booking your room). Enjoy your holiday weekend and thanks for your response!
MO
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The hotel I was booked into was listed as a 3 star hotel on hotwire. The 3 star reffering to level of service and amenities at the hotel. The hotel says it is a 2.5 star hotel. Hotwire says there is no governing body for rating hotels so they can upgrade a hotel. Buy a 3 star hotel from hotwire get put at a lower rating. Once purchased from hotwire the reservation is non-cancellable. I have used hotwire in the past and not had a problem. I've made several attempts to resolve the difference with hotwire. The last attempt I made said someone will contact me within 7 to 10 days. Don't use Hotwire.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hrmanager24
lq0779dos, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
I apologize for your experiences with Hotwire - I have never used them myself, but we never have issues with them here at the hotel. I am not sure who on the staff said we're a 2.5 star hotel, but we actually are deemed a 3-star hotel. The star ratings generally go by AAA's rating, in which we received a 3-star rating. I will get with my front desk manager and review with the staff to ensure they do not tell other guests in the future that we are less than we actually are, and I apologize for the misleading rating to you. I hope your stay here was pleasant and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Thank you for taking the time to post a review!