“Excellent Pet Friendly Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Valdosta / Moody AFB
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I travel to / from Florida frequently and when we take our two poodles, we ALWAYS look for a LaQuinta. This hotel is very convenient, the people there are friendly, and our dogs have plenty of room to do their business. If you are traveling with pets, this is a terrific value and you will be very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Exhausted and had a hard time finding the hotel-the GPS was going crazy and it is not exactly on a street but way behind the main drag-Took about 1/2 hour (it was dark, lots of traffic)-there was a party going on and it was very festive but I began to think about how noisy it was so I said, may I see my room? I had to leave my driver's license and found my room-hallways were busy and noisy and kind of smelly (maybe someone was eating in their room)-I found my room but there was a dog next door barking loudly. Never stopped/my key did not work but there appeared to be someone in my room or it was the dog scratching next door. I never saw the room-but knew I had to leave because of the noise.
I told the kind man at the front desk I was going to leave-he said they have a cancelation policy. My eyes popped open and then he said unless you can give me a reason-I told him about the noise and dog and he said OK-I was so sad because I guess I assumed all La Quintas were the similar. My travelers advice is to always ask to see your room before you sign in-

Room Tip: Always ask to see your room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I'm finally settled in after my fourth room-1st room had sliding glass door to the outside pool area. I stay at LaQuntas because they have interior rooms-first time I've encountered this problem. They moved me to room #2. 2nd room was sprayed to cover up pet odor. The smell was so strong li couldn't last 2 minutes in it. Third room. STUNK w/dog odor. I guess this one wasnt sprayed! At this point I suggested they return my $$$ & I would go elsewhere. They told me that they definitely had a room that I would like. I'm settled in & sit on th bed & SINK into the mattress. Won't get much sleep tonight in this bed! Too good to be true with room #4..... turned on the a/c because the room was hot & stuffy.....Now I smell a pet odor:((
This is DEFINITELY the last time I spend a night at a LaQuinta Hotel

Room Tip: Unless you have a pet don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Everything about this La Quinta was great except dogs barking in other rooms all night. Motel has been remodeled since I have stayed there last. Very clean, free beer and wine now in evening from 6 - 8. Overall a very nice motel. But they welcome dogs and even give a treat to the owners for their dogs when they check in. But I did not realize that there were so many guest staying with their pets until later that night and the next morning when they were all out walking them around the grounds.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel!! Darrell was extremely accommodating and we were treated very well. From the moment we arrived when we were greeted with a treat for our dog to the Happy Hour which allowed us to unwind from a hectic drive and meet other people to the great breakfast this morning. We plan on returning on way home.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Weston, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are traveling with dogs. We got 2 Milk Bone biscuits for our "kids" at check in. Very friendly & helpful staff. The room & the grounds are very clean. Would not hesitate to stay there again.