“Very nice hotel”
Review of Kinderlou Inn

Kinderlou Inn
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel while on our way down I-75 to Disney. It was right off the interstate, the people were super friendly, the rooms were very clean and the restaurant located on property is amazing. Queen size beds were a plus. We will definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we're heading down to Florida.

Room Tip: We were not traveling with a pet. I read reviews before our visit that the pet friendly rooms were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DHutto

Reviewed May 19, 2014

3 points I’ll raise that give me second thoughts about coming back here.

The bed felt strange. The cheap, pillow top type cover, under the sheet, did not feel right to me. I felt uneasy when got into bed. At first I thought of bed bugs. I pulled back the sheets and the pillow top type mattress cover and saw the bodily fluid stains on the mattress.

Second, the concrete planters, filled with sand, outside the doors to the building, were over flowing with cigarette butts. Unless someone was smoking about 20 cartons that night, the cigarette butts were piling up for days and days. We will say we saw three of these concrete planters on the property. The one behind the hotel lobby looked like it was recently raked and had about 15 or so cigarette butts. The other two, outside on each end of our hallway doors were overflowing with cigarette butts and other trash. Those looked days old. Also walking into a smoke free hallway, these cigarette butts and lingering cigarette smoke and smell, just outside the hallway doors, said loudly, to the hotel guest, welcome to your smoke free stay.

Third was the breakfast area. I noticed that the breakfast staff had a different attitude towards some guests. I watched light skin guests being offered sausage and biscuits that the hotel staff would microwave for them. At the same time, I had some friends who were darker skin and they were not only asked to show their hotel key card, which I did not see personally asked of towards light skinned guests, including myself. but dark skinned guests, as I sat and watched, were never asked if they wanted any sausage and biscuit sandwiches. When brought to the attention of the hotel staff, they denied the guests issues and said the hotel complies with Clarion Hotel standards. You decide for yourself what that means.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Bruce247
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here on our way to Florida. Had no prior reservation. The room was wonderful. Two queen size beds. Clean. The staff was friendly. There was a restaurant in the parking lot. And the price was amazing. Looked for a Clarion on the way home :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pam T
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in a pet friendly room at this hotel. To sum up our room..."what a dump"! To start with, the inside hall leading to our room had a gagging odor of what appeared to be a disifectant. Our room smelled almost the same and we couldn't open the windows. The room smelled of mold of which I am highly allergic. The corners of the bathroom floor were ugly dirty (mold?). The upolstered chair was threadbare. Certainly not up to the standards we expect from a Choice Hotels property. We ate at Austen's restaurant which is attached to the hotel and found it very good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Other rooms at this hotel may be nicer but certainly not room 710.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LR8131
Reviewed March 25, 2014

On our way to Florida my wife and I spent a night at the Clarion Inn in Valdosta, GA. It was one of the nicest and friendliest hotels we have stayed in in a long time. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was great and we both enjoyed a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was fantastic. We will certainly stay there again when we are in Valdosta.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Levoyd
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I travel to Valdosta several times a year because my son is a student at VSU. I have eatten in Austen's which is the restaurant and bar on the property. It is great. I decided to stay here on this trip. For the nightly rate I paid I felt it was adequate. I found the room to be spacious, clean and updated. It was quiet and the hallways were secure due to additional key slides on the outside doors. The property is large and spread out a bit. The bed was excellent!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Indeed111
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

When we travel from Chattanooga, Tenn . To Punta Gorda, Fla. the Clarion is the perfect stopping point for us. The adjacent Steak House is always a treat , since they have excellent food & great service. The Clarion is located just off I-75 South and is near numerous shopping centers plus all types of restaurants. There are also quite a few gas stations as well. We always look forward to our visit to the Clarion for a good nights sleep & an excellant meal.

• Stayed: April 2013