“Pleasantly Surprised...and reasonable rates”
Review of Kinderlou Inn

Kinderlou Inn
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Conyers, GA
“Pleasantly Surprised...and reasonable rates”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stop in Valdosta a couple of times a year on our way to a cruise and usually stay at the Comfort Suite brand of the Choice Hotel line. We were going to a family event and we were bringing one of our dogs so we had to find a pet friendly hotel.

The rate was great (had to pay a bit extra for the dog, but that was disclosed up front when we made the reservation online). The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly. We were in the newer rooms in the back so traffic noise wasn't a problem. The hotel is also much easier to get to from the Interstate than the Comfort Suites.

The breakfast was great and you could even get a sausage biscuit if you asked. I availed myself of the exercise room twice and everyone we interacted with was extremely kind. Looking at some of the older pictures of the property, it seems that this was a Comfort Inn in the past and it was converted to a Clarion when the newer Comfort Suites up the road opened.

At $25-$30 less per night, I know where we'll be staying from now on

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Trenton, OH
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We are typically Hoilday Inn Express travelers but this location has earned our business ANY trips that direction. We travel to Florida down I-75 so this is a good stopping point for us being from Ohio. At this location, you are south of Atlanta and oh so close to the Florida border! The price here is VERY competitive and initially is what drew us in when Holiday Inn Express wanted double the amount. I made a review on here after last years stay too. The beds are SO comfortable and the bedding is exactly what we get at HI Express which is what I want! The breakfast is just enough and free making it the icing on the cake! There is EVERYTHING within a few miles of the exit. We've gone to Kohls and Wal-Mart nearby and every restaurant you can imagine again is within several miles. The hotel is literally at the bottom of the 75 southbound exit. There are wonderful tourist and historical attractions close by too. What we like to do is to sleep in the next day after making the majority of our drive on the first day. This hotel allows a check out of 11am ... NICE! And then we only have 5 hours to our destination, St Pete Beach, FL, and with a check in there of 3-4PM the timing of the location for us couldn't work any better! This hotel was FULL so word is getting around quickly that this is a well priced, great place to stay!

Room Tip: We have stayed in both upstairs and downstairs rooms. Both were great and I wouldn't have a prob...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked at hotel.com and we got a great deal. The front desk lady was great and the bed was comfy. We didn't even get worried about the strip club across the street. Very quiet. The breakfast was tasty also. The only down side was the bathroom smelled of urine. Had to go to walmart tor cleaning supplies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the night on our way home from Florida. We arrived late at night and left early the next morning and we didn't use the pool or any of the other facilities so I can't comment on those.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and checked us in quickly & efficiently. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was good - standard continental breakfast. It's not a deluxe hotel but for the price, it was a great place for a night of traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
Arthur, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice place. Big. Older part has exterior doors but we stayed in the back part with interior hallways. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room a little small but good choices. OK if you beat the crowd.

Room Tip: If you prefer, ask for room with interior door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Theodore, Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a very nice looking hotel. They have a very nice breakfast room, workout room and swimming pool. The rooms are basic rooms but nice. The beds are very comfortable. Hotel staff are very pleasant. Very large parking lot. And there is a Restaurant built into the hotel that has VERY good food and staff. If there was a complaint I would say that it is located right next to the interstate so if you are a light sleeper you will hear the traffic however it did not bother me one bit. I will give location a rating of average just due to it being by the interstate. Overall I will stay at this hotel every time I stay in Valdosta Ga!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room furthest away from the interstate as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alabama L
Pearson
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We drove up to a very clean and organized clean enterance. The young black man at the front desk was very nice. I am in a wheelchair, so online I booked a double non-smoking wheelchair accessible room, but we changed it cause my boyfriend and I smoke so he gave us a standard smoking room. Anyway, after a hour of begin in our room the front desk called up and said the manager said since I was in a wheelchair our room was half price for 2 nights stay. Two days later I met the manage and thanked him for the great discount, he even rolled me to the front desk on check out time. He was very polite and the lady at the front desk poured my boyfriend a fresh cup of coffee. Thank you guys for a very pleasureable stay I will be back. Keep up the good work. Love this Hotel.

Room Tip: If its something you do not like or agree with about this Hotel tell them about it right a way. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple