“Sucked!”

Motel 6 Valdosta University
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
“Sucked!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

During check at first I was ok with everything until the lady told me the room number, I said thank you and she says uh huh.
Got to the room, it was around 9pm and my daughter wanted to swim a few minutes, pool closed at 930, so I took her over to the pool area. At 930 the lady from front desk approached the corner of the walk way and said, ok ladies pools closed I need you to get out, and can you hurry I have a front desk to watch. I found that to be a little rude. We got out and headed to the room. In the room we inspected the showers in which we found hair and also found hairs all over our beds. At this point I decided to go to the front desk and have my money returned and go somewhere else. When she asked why I told her about the beds and shower and her response was 'I personally know the lady that cleans that room and have a hard time believing you' I was so mad at this I just had to walk away. No apologies were given or anything. So we left and went to Days Inn. The next morning at breakfast we were telling our server at the restaurant we were at about the bad experience we had there, and her response was, honey I'm glad y'all left, that's a bad place, she informed us prostitutes hang out there and drug dealers, and to top it off people had been murdered there. It sent chills down my back! It's scary when the local people don't want to even go there!!

I work in the customer service industry and I would never treat guest like this! My family and I are moving to Valdosta in August and were there looking for a place to live. I can promise this, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Rjhare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
atlanta
Reviewed May 6, 2012

i read the review from tripadvisor and took a change got a great rate on internet thur motel 6 site
order a non smoking room smell like smoke otherwise the rooms were good the showers hot the bed comfortable close to everything staff helpful

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TORONTO
Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

I never check into a Motel 6 and expect a Marriott. For the most part, you get what you pay for right? I chose this particular one because of its convenient location to I75. For $29.99, I was a little skeptical but the room proved to be more than adequate. After my usual inspection, I was pleased to find no bugs or wayward hairs. The bed was comfy and the TV, while antiquated, worked well as did the A/C.
One comment about WiFi-I noticed an earlier comment stating the WiFi was sketchy but I didn't have a single moment's problem. If you're relying on WiFi, best to request a room near the office where the signal is stronger (I was right above the office).
Overall, this is definitely a budget motel but it actually exceeded my expectations!

Stayed April 2012
Alabama
Reviewed February 28, 2012

You don't get what you pay for. Room was cheaper than rest in the area but I still expected a clean room. Bed was ok, shower had some hair in it and toilet near the bolts had urine on them. I got in late and didn't even go in the restroom til the next morning. EWWW. No type of breakfast and no free wi fi. coffee only and you have to pay for the wifi. Walking out of the room the area made me think of a hotel in the 60's. I would not recommend this hotel nor stay at this hotel unless I brought gloves, cleaning supplies and that was all the money I had a room for. Pay extra and stay at another at the same exit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2travellots

Travelers are raving about these Valdosta hotels

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Staff and Managers work well together most times I stay at this location the front desk will even call to check insure the room is up to par. And 33.59 a night doesn't hurt at all. Great place to stay right off the Highway.

Room Tip: 1 person 1 night 33 bucks. Do it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bobbyclovett
Turkey, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2011

After paying $2.99 for 24 hour access to WiFi (checking in at 8:30am), the internet still did not work. We were moved to another room to get a better signal, the internet sill did not work. When arising at 6am the next morning, the prepaid $2.99 had expired about 2 hours early. The water pressure in the sinks were poor in both rooms and the shower was extremely small. We were not very fond of the roaches. There were only 20 channels on the television.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sshooe
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My first night was good enough to go a second night. There was a weird scent in the room; but nothing I could not get used to. No bugs. AC was a bit noisy but reasonably cool. The staff was well mannered. The room itself was well cleaned, and there is a pool. The small (19"?) TV operated well with remote control. The have a laundry room which works. There is a Wendy's and a Burger King nearby. $3 Internet is working at 1.35 Mb/s download speed, but you must be in a designated room for internet use; not all rooms have it, so you must request it when you arrive or put it in remarks section if you are making reservations like I did over the internet. I would probably stay in this motel again. $30 per night is hard to beat for what you get.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo