“I was pleasantly surprised by the clean rooms and friendly...”

Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Serbian first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This motel was fine. The room was clean, staff very friendly, and access from I-75 was easy.

All remained fine, until the TV just turned on at 4 AM. We are not sure why this happened. The remote was on top of the TV, not where it could accidently be touched while in the bed. Unfortunately, my husband is one of those people, that once he is awakened he stays awake. They did give us a $5.00 discount off the room and assured us that the maintenance man would check the TV.

The breakfast was fine with cereal, bagels, coffee, etc.

We would recommend this motel to anyone traveling, just unfortunate we had a bad experience with the TV only.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm sorry that you had a problem with the TV coming on by itself. I have no idea what caused this to happen. I'm glad that the rest of your stay was to your liking. We hope to see you in the near future. Raymond Upchurch
COLUMBUS
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Was pleased 100% I had stopped a exit off before yours and got a room I give it back to them due to noisy, dirty, and felt unsafe. I went north one more exit and got your room and was very very pleased!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank JAMES G
Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay with us. I'm glad you found it to your liking, as we try very hard to provide a safe, clean place for our guest to stay. We look forward to see you in the future.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Heading South on I-75 its always important to get past Atlanta before stopping for the night to avoid the next morning Rush Hour. Many people stop as soon as Stockbridge or as late as Macon or Tifton. On busy holidays the rooms quickly fill up and you can be stuck. Here's a secret I've used for years. Stay on I-75 another hour or so until Valdosta. There are more rooms here and they never seem to get filled up completely, even at busy holiday periods. A good choice is Days Inn Valdosta south at Exit 16. (There's another Days Inn at exit 18 too) The place is a little older and not too fancy but you get a clean comfortable night's sleep at a reasonable price. Most important with the good supply of rooms and choices you're almost guaranteed someplace to stay even on busy holidays. An added bonus is that at exit 16 you are only 16 miles from Florida and you can get the jump on the people who stopped further north so you avoid traffic congestion. Have a great trip.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind remarks. You are right Valdosta is a great stopping point on a persons trip to Florida. We do have a safe, clean, and affordable place to stay. Hope to see you again soon.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed December 22, 2012

When traveling from Arizona to Florida I spent one night here and it was a good stopover. The room was large and clean and very quiet. I didn't stay for breakfast so I don't know about that but it was very convenient to I-75 and they take dogs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay. That is the only way that we can tell what is working for us as well as what we need to improve on. Happy Holidays. Hope to see you again.