Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
LEITCHFIELD
“vacation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

first room was messy commode wouldnt flush had to change rooms had a bad odor in both rooms i stay at the days inns on kentucky lake on a regular basic thought all were about the same till i tried this one. was told if i needed internet service to go to the holiday inn across the parking lot thats nice use another motels services. i dont travel a lot but when i do i will be using another motel .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you had problems during your stay with us. We could have fixed any problem with the toilet if you had let us know about it. The problem with the wifi, I was not aware of, but my clerk did refer you to the adjacent property that we also own for your use. Give us another try when you are in our area. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lakeland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Was headed toward home and wife needed to rest -- good price, desk staff recommened great little resturant , beds slept well . Had been reworked and only problem was peeling paint on bathroom door probably due to poor prep, did not detrack from good night's sleep. internet was quick and reliable -- good value

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank You for your kind remarks. We do have a nice little hotel, with a very helpful and friendly staff to help you. We also have a repaint schedule in place to take care of the inside paint issues that we have. Come see us again.
Hinesville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first room i was check into was nice. The air conditioner was already running and comfortable when we got there. We had to be moved due to the sink being clogged. When we were moved, the room we moved to didn't have the flat screen tv as advertised when i made the reservation, there were dead bugs and roaches in the bathroom and the bathtub had cracks covered with patches that could still cause injury. I did not report the bugs to the staff because we had been traveling and my we were tired of moving.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank You for letting us know about the problems that you expirenced during your stay with us. We try to provide safe, clean rooms with everything working in them. I am sorry that we failed to do so for you. Give us another try when you are in the area.
SANTA ROSA BEACH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had to change rooms the next morning! it was terrible filthy and the sheets were so nasty! they refused to refund my money and the shower and ac didnt even work!

2 Thank NENA M
Please contact me at daysinn16@williamshotelgroup.com, so I can identify the room that you had problems with. I have been unable to find you with the info that you provided. Thank You
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The first room they put us in had multiple hairs in the bed - sheets had not been changed. The next room had bed bugs - they started biting us around midnight and we even showed them to the desk clerk - he told us not only did they have bed bugs that so did the hotels next door and that is why he never stayed anywhere but a Hilton or higher end hotel. Did nof offer our money back or anything - we had no more money to go to a new hotel so we had to drive home that night and miss our next day at Wild Adventures. Bugs got in our hair even - they bit us on the way home. We had to throw away our luggage and clothes - it has been a nightmare -- and no one from the hotel has even called to say they are sorry.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank You for letting me know of the problems that you had. We are currently having our Pest Control Company checking all of our rooms for this problem. As you used your Wyndham Rewards points to pay for the room, I have ask them to place your points back to your account.
BRADENTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had to cancel with Super 8 which is next door to this Hotel, since Super 8 was all indoors. Days Inn happened to be right there as well and was outdoor access, easier for someone who is disabled and with a dog.

The attendant was nice and discount was given for being a walk-in I was surprised. But, in the room I was in, (2 rooms were booked).. the toilet would almost overflow when flushed. I called the front desk and she stated she could not leave her area but at 10:45PM she would deliver a plunger. This did not happen.. So, I stopped flushing the toilet. Good thing I didn't really have to go if you know what I mean...... It wasn't until I saw the maid the next AM did I get the plunger. It didn't help the situation, the water continued to rise to the top, almost...........over......... Trucks park in between these two Hotels, truck stop.... and in the back which is next to a big open field. Nice for the dog to run a muck. The trucks surround the pool as well, but it was rainy so no use for the pool. I didn't hear the trucks running all night once you're behind closed doors with the air on. Cops were there for a while, I don't know why, I was taking the dog out for his last walk...it was lit up...
Other than all this I slept good and 10% discount was given for the toilet inconvenience. Which I don't think covered the a$10.00 dog fee, however it was given. I don't travel much but this was the situation here. Back to the heat in FL.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your toilet during your stay with us. We try to provide safe, clean rooms with everything working in them. I am glad that my Front Desk Clerk gave you some compensation at check out for your problem. Try us again when you are in the area. Thank You
West Palm Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here Labor Day weekend 2012. Had a reservation for a nonsmoking king room, but when we arrived, there were only smoking rooms left. That being said, the room we were given didn't smell of smoke so much as just being stale.

There is a train that runs nearby, as we found out. It runs at all hours, and blew its horn repeatedly at 3AM one night we were there.

Breakfast area leaves something to be desired. There was the choice of cereal, bagels, toast, pop-tarts, or oatmeal. There was orange juice, milk, and coffee to drink. The dining area is a grouping of four tables in the main lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group