Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center
$85
Hotels.com
Courtyard Valdosta(Valdosta)
$124
All reviewsroom was cleannight stayyogurtoff the highwayihopmotelinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had to cancel with Super 8 which is next door to this Hotel, since Super 8 was all indoors. Days Inn happened to be right there as well and was outdoor access, easier for someone who is disabled and with a dog.

The attendant was nice and discount was given for being a walk-in I was surprised. But, in the room I was in, (2 rooms were booked).. the toilet would almost overflow when flushed. I called the front desk and she stated she could not leave her area but at 10:45PM she would deliver a plunger. This did not happen.. So, I stopped flushing the toilet. Good thing I didn't really have to go if you know what I mean...... It wasn't until I saw the maid the next AM did I get the plunger. It didn't help the situation, the water continued to rise to the top, almost...........over......... Trucks park in between these two Hotels, truck stop.... and in the back which is next to a big open field. Nice for the dog to run a muck. The trucks surround the pool as well, but it was rainy so no use for the pool. I didn't hear the trucks running all night once you're behind closed doors with the air on. Cops were there for a while, I don't know why, I was taking the dog out for his last walk...it was lit up...
Other than all this I slept good and 10% discount was given for the toilet inconvenience. Which I don't think covered the a$10.00 dog fee, however it was given. I don't travel much but this was the situation here. Back to the heat in FL.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Raymond U, General Manager at Days Inn Valdosta at Rainwater Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your toilet during your stay with us. We try to provide safe, clean rooms with everything working in them. I am glad that my Front Desk Clerk gave you some compensation at check out for your problem. Try us again when you are in the area. Thank You

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here Labor Day weekend 2012. Had a reservation for a nonsmoking king room, but when we arrived, there were only smoking rooms left. That being said, the room we were given didn't smell of smoke so much as just being stale.

There is a train that runs nearby, as we found out. It runs at all hours, and blew its horn repeatedly at 3AM one night we were there.

Breakfast area leaves something to be desired. There was the choice of cereal, bagels, toast, pop-tarts, or oatmeal. There was orange juice, milk, and coffee to drink. The dining area is a grouping of four tables in the main lobby.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The cleaning staff really needs to do a better job on the bathrooms. It is very disgusting to see other guests hair in the shower, and also on the toilet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

my stay with my preteen son was very good for the price i paid. The only problem was when the toilet got clogged, instead of just bringing a plunger to help fix it, we had to be moved. Granted it was just next door but the room was not cool at all and the tv was old. We were comfortable in our original room. A security guard or Second attendant or even just a simple lock and sign on the door saying be right back for the front desk service person to plunge the commode. Lacie and Valerie were lovely when i checked in and out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was convient for us as it was half way to our destination.
the King room non smoking I reserved was not available. I was told I booked a smoking...?
we were moved into a room with the a/c was off.
took a long time to cool the room down 3-4 hours.
we arrived about 8:30pm tired and ready to just get off the road.
The shower was clean and water pressure was great. The bed was comfortable and once the room cooled off we could finally relax enough to sleep.
We slept late and only had time to grab items as they were closing down the breakfast.
All in all with a little TLC this could easily get a btter reveiw.
the towel rack had been torn off the wall in the bathroms looks like several times. the rack was reinstalled VERY crooked with the last patch job donewith out care.
There was a need on the door jams for a fresh coat of paint or at least touch ups.
Again this has potential and it was all minor items but all too obvious especially to me as a rewards card holder.