Howard Johnson Valdosta
Country Inn
$89
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$114
Free cancellation until 06/03
$95
$76
Priceline
All reviewsroom priceroom was clean and comfortableenjoyed my staywild adventureswould stay againstaff was very friendlygasrefrigeratorpets
Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
David B, General Manager at Howard Johnson Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family, for a night’s stay, in a two doubles bed efficiency room. We were impressed by the spacious and clean room where we were lodged in. The small fridge, microwave, TV, and the Wi-Fi worked decent enough. In fact, I was more than satisfied with the room and services, given the tariff paid for the room, until we had our dinner and switched off the lights and went to bed. After couple of hours, we could feel ‘things’ moving over our body, when we switched on the lights to find tiny roaches and spiders! On further enquiry, we find these bugs coming out from behind the mini-fridge and the microwave set on top of the mini-fridge. As we switched on the lights, the bugs were quick to go back to their hiding places. After that we had very little sleep as we dared not put off the lights for the rest of the night. As we checked out the following morning, I left this feedback with the front desk person and requested her to arrange for some pesticides, to which she assured me that she would look into.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank The_Nath_Family
David B, General Manager at Howard Johnson Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the situation in your room. We have changed pest control companies since your stay 4 months ago in November. I am glad you let us know so that we can improve. We will pay closer attention to those rooms that have a micro/fridge and hopefully not have that issue again. Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
David B, General Manager at Howard Johnson Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The check in guy (I don't remember his name) was extremely welcoming. I also wanted to mention, I saw him picking up highway litter in the parking lot early the next morning. I was impressed that a budget motel would take the time to keep their grounds trash free. The room was clean and more spacious than expected. Toiletries were in place and the appropriate number of towels were in the room on arrival. I've stayed in 4 star hotels that didn't have their rooms stocked on arrival, so this is a pet peeve of mine. I didn't notice any of the parking lot loiterers mentioned in previous reviews. The location is ideal-it's right off the interstate and not far from Wild Adventures. I think this is a great place to stay for a weekend trip with the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you. You are correct that we are a great place to stay on a budget. Although we do not have a free breakfast we do have the Burger King next door for an economical breakfast for the family. We try very hard to keep the grounds clean and trimmed. I am glad it shows. Wild Adventures is only about 12 miles from here and a quick trip down the interstate. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
David B, General Manager at Howard Johnson Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013