“A very romantic dining experience.”
Review of Giulio's

Giulio's
Ranked #25 of 251 Restaurants in Valdosta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here recently for our anniversary and they've made several changes since we were here last. My favorite of these is that they have moved the partitions to create a small private dining area off from the main dining rooms. It makes a quiet, secluded place for intimate meals. The weedbed swordfish was perfectly seasoned, but I preferred the way they used to serve it, with the cream sauce underneath the spinach and fish. This time there was so much cream sauce over the spinach that the spinach (which is delicious on its own) got lost. The baklava at dessert was wonderful.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We ate here last Saturday evening. The stuffed grouper was fantastic. I usually get the weedbed swordfish and wanted to try something new. Well either one is so tasty, I don't know which I'll get next time.
Also tried a new wine. The Brancott Estates Sauvignon Blanc is excellent. Server 014 was attentive and even brought me the bottle so I could find out which fruit was so aromatic.
We recommend this restaurant as one of the top two in Valdosta.!!!!

1  Thank vinyloddisee
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We took two friends out for a birthday dinner so the choice of cuisine was theirs -- Giulio's it was. I didn't know a thing about it; not even sure if I had ever heard of it. What a gap in my dining history! This little place is really, really good and it reminds me of one of the summer-seasonal neighborhood Italian restaurants I used to frequent in Wildwood, NJ about 45 years ago. The ambiance, "tastefully cluttered" with tables almost too close -- at least until the common bond of good food and wind dissolves all reserve and the "strangers" at the next table are your newest, best friends -- is mesmerizing, fascinating. Even had the food been mediocre I would probably still have enjoyed my evening here. But... the food was great. Ravioli, manicotti, meat balls, sauce all really good. My wife had the stuffed grouper and she's still singing odes of praise. My friend had moussaka (yes, they serve Greek, too); thought he was going to pick up the plate and lick it clean. His wife had the Shrimp scampi and stated it was some of the best she's ever had. Even the house Chianti was a couple of clicks above what I expected. And, our waiter was a polite, knowledgeable and most helpful young man. All in all, our dinner at Giulio's was one of the most pleasant dining experiences I've had in quite a while. I recommend it highly

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Giulio's several times and each time the food is wonderful. This is one place we go each time we visit our son at college and always love it. The food is flavorful, the atmosphere very relaxing and the friendly staff that always makes us feel welcome. A rarity in Valdosta that is filled with the same old southern cooking or chain restaurants.

2  Thank 68fastback
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I was really excited to finally try this restaurant as Greek is my favorite food and unfortunately was highly disappointed. The appetizer, Greek salad and sangria were average. I would by no means say they were the best I've ever had like the other reviews stated. My meal as was my husbands was unacceptable for what we were paying. I even told the server she just looked at me walked off and brought our bill. I will never return and I will never recommend.

2  Thank florida3122