“Truly a great place to stay.”

Comfort Suites Valdosta
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Truly a great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Only a couple of minor things to mention about my stay. We were promised 2 rooms overlooking the lake. Upon arrival they informed us they had made a mistake and only 1 of the rooms actually overlooked the lake. No big deal, the lake is basically a cement walled water basin. Secondly, the bathroom could use a little more "TLC" by the cleaning staff. Breakfast was limited, not what you typically see from a Comfort Suites. Other than that, room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bluestang40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was great! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and clean. Breakfast included hot stuff and was fine. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet. There are many kinds of restaurants nearby, and you can get a coupon for several of them for 10% off. We paid $85.50 with AAA, but we were walk-ins. I'm sure the on-line rate was better. We are now looking for Comfort Suites hotels when we travel, since we have had such good experiences with them. They are a Choice Hotel, which offers points and deals.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank retired-teacher60
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

On top of all this, they have a breakfast that lets you get back on the road in the morning and not be looking to stop again until lunch. The people were so friendly and wanting to make sure all is good for you while you stay and any info on leaving you might need. They also had something I had never seen before a 'grab and go' bag that has a piece of fruit, water and breakfast bar, so if you want to get going before the breakfast is out (6:30am) you can grab a couple of them and munch in the car or on the road

Room Tip: right off the express way. easy on and off I 75, so heading south (we were going to Miami) makes to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank charles h
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room was very clean. The mattress was comfortable and, back in our younger days, we would have loved the bounciness. The area abounds in restaurants within walking distance. The hotel breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was very pleasant. The evening snack party was also very good.

However...I went to shave in the morning and discovered that the basin had no hot water. There was cold and not-so-cold. If not-so-cold was supposed to be hot, it was on the wrong side. I would assume the problem has been corrected.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for only one night on our way down to Orlando for our honeymoon. While researching the hotel and reading the reviews, we were optimistic that this hotel was going to be our one stop in our trip for a much needed nights sleep. I had read another reviewer’s tip that coupons were available for this hotel at all the Georgia rest areas, but no direct price was mentioned. Therefore, I searched online and found a printable coupon from ihotelcoupons.com for $62.99 a night plus tax. There was a clause on the bottom of the coupon that a weekend surcharge “may” apply.

After being the sole driver for 17 hours, I pulled off the exit and was immediately in sensory overload. There are many other hotels and dining establishments in this area and they are jam packed in and around each other. This particular hotel shares a communal parking with Holiday Inn express that is immediately next door, a Denny’s, and a gas station is in the lot as well, though separated by a curb. Directly behind the hotel, there was a Texas Roadhouse. Applebees and a KFC with buffet were within walking distance also.

Upon entering the hotel, I presented my coupon and asked if there were any room available at this rate. I was told that since it was a weekend, an extra $10 a night would be added and there was another added $10 for it not being Mon-Thurs (Or something of that nature). I wish I had just been told that the price was $89.99 a night and saved me the confusion of the add ons to the coupon price. Needing sleep, I agreed to the $89.99 a night and also agreed to a room with 2 queen beds since no king bed rooms were available. Although I was unhappy about the extra $20 over the coupon price, I have to say that the check-in woman was extremely pleasant and polite. The whole check in process only took a little over 5 minutes and we were told to stop by the front desk on our way out to dinner as they had coupons for the neighboring restaurants.

When we entered our room, we were happy to see that it appeared clean and welcoming. There was plenty of towels, and shampoo, conditioner and soap were provided. We had a pull out sofa in the tiny sitting area that had several stains on the cushions. There was a mini refrigerator in the room and it had a previous guests frozen dinner and a cup of frozen lemonade left over. The food had not been opened so it wasn’t a big deal to just dispose of the items. The beds were very comfortable and the linens clean. There was a blanket between the sheets and the comforter/bedspread that was an older, low quality nylon/acryllic blanket that older motels used to use. This blanket made the room feel cheap, but it was clean so I didn’t care.

We decided to go out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse since we have that chain here in Chicago and know of their excellence and superior quality of food. We stopped at the reception desk on our way out and received a coupon for 10% off our bill. That was a nice perk! Dinner was fantastic and even though a little steep in price, It was surely worth it!

The shower was awesome with great water pressure and we both slept soundly throughout the night with no noise or distractions. Breakfast was provided the next morning (buffet) with a waffle station, eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, fresh whole fruit, cold cereals, oatmeal and plenty of hot coffee. The hot food was bland and the waffle iron kept beeping at my husband. Another guest told my husband that the beep meant to turn over the waffle, but the reception staff that was right there said nothing. I ,on the other hand, loved my orange and apple! There was a sitting area outside that featured tables and chairs and overlooked a small pond (and the side of a Hooter’s restaurant) where you could eat or smoke. This is a 100% non-smoking hotel so this area was nice for us as we both smoke.

Checkout was just as fast as check in, and the new woman behind the counter was equally as nice and polite as the one we encountered the night before. Total bill with tax for my $69.99 coupon room came to $92.95.

I am not a snooty traveler and I do not expect Ritz quality from the establishments I choose. Having said that, I still would prefer to choose a different hotel the next time I stay in Valdosta. The options are galore and for $92.95 a night, I’m sure there are also cheaper choices. Overall, This hotel is clean enough, extremely quiet, safe, secure, friendly and the beds are comfy. My only true complaint would be the pricing.

** As a side note, I spent a night in Tennessee on the way home at a 4 star Courtyard by Marriott with modern décor and all the little touches this hotel didn’t offer for $79.36 with tax. They also accepted my coupon and gave me the rate quoted! **

Room Tip: Be careful using any coupons and research surrounding hotels specials and price matching plans
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JJRiann
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting our son in March 2011. The hotel was very good, quiet, and you got a good continental breakfast. I found the hotels in Valdosta a little pricey for such a small town. This being said the Comfort Suites was the best price for what Valdosta had to offer. It was very easy to get to being right off the interstate and very close to restaurants and stores. Best price and all the comforts.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean and when we checked-in Lauren was very nice. She gave us a 10 % off coupon for Outback which was within walking distance away. The room was clean and neat. They have a little "store" in the lobby with drinks/snacks to purchase. The breakfast was good, they had the fresh waffles. They have a nice area you can sit outside and have your breakfast overlooking a small pond. Here is why I almost didn't give it 5 stars: The luggage carts were almost non-existent. I had to stalk a woman, and finally had to approach her myself to make sure I could have it when she was done. The man behind the front desk (older/grey hair), pretended not to notice me or another man who was looking for a cart. When I finally got the cart and had it loaded with my luggage it was barely moving and that is when I saw it had a flat tire. I told the man at the desk that the cart had a flat tire (so he could fix it after I left) and he just looked at me and did not even say one word. I would also like to say that there was a maintenance man named George who was the nicest friendliest man I have met in a long time. I only met him on the elevator, but he made a big impression on my family and I. He is an asset to this hotel. Because of him and Lauren I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway if you want a quiet sleep!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family