“Excellent, Friendly Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Houston, Tx
“Excellent, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel was immaculate and the staff friendly and very helpful. Our first morning there I awoke, turned on the faucet, and no water came out. Called down to the front desk who advised me an electrical problem had occurred at the local water plant. I then noticed after my call that a paper had been slipped under our door in the middle of the night advising guests of the fact there was no water. Came down to the lobby and provisions had already been made for guests to take whatever bottled water they wanted. Plastic gallons of water were also available for those who needed more water to brush their teeth, etc. and we were already advised any guests could shower at another hotel in the chain, a Days Inn, six miles down the road. Any faucet drinking water was suspect even after the problem was resolved for safety reasons, and the entire five days we were there they always had all the water you wanted and needed at the front desk. There was no compromises made in the cleaning of the rooms and everyone there was extremely helpful and courteous.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlis53, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Thank you so much for writing this review. When the water stopped at 2am my team went to work to do everything they could to make sure their guest were as comfortable as possible. I have shared these comments with the staff and received many smiles. We are so glad you understood the situation. Please visit us again soon so we can say thanks in person!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed there overnight for the local university graduation. The hotel is very nice and easy to find. Our room was very clean and the service was excellent. It was also convenient to the college. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Thank you for your kind remarks. My staff is the best in the business and fully understands what hospitality means. They get it! We hope you will continue to stay with us when you come to Valdosta. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that my stay felt like home. They were professional and accomodating to my needs. Deborha Gantt, the Guest Service Manager, is exceptional and possess the true leadership character that a hotel chain needs. Holiday Inn is lucky to have her . Amanda, the clerk, at the front desk is superb, with a great attitude!

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Thank You! I will certainly share your comments with those associates you mentioned. They are an asset to our team for sure. Merry Christmas to you and your family from your home away from home!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed here for one night at the beginning our our trip and one night at the end of our trip. Both nights we good. This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had room service from the resturant at the hotel and the food was great. Every employee that we encountered was very friendly. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Thank you for your kind remarks. I’m blessed to have a staff that understands what hospitality really means. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and hope you will become a regular guest whenever you pass through Valdosta.
Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!
St. Cloud, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

The rooms are spacious and always very clean. The shower is spacious as well. It is convenient to get to from I-75. The lobby is beautiful and always has good music playing. The restaurant in the hotel is quite good, service is friendly and knowledgeable. Room service is also excellent, making sure our every need is met.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have shared your nice comments with the entire hotel staff. They are a great group of hoteliers that do their very best everyday with every guest. It is pleasing to receive nice reviews and yours is greatly appreciated! Come see us soon for another terrific stay.
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

Well, I sent my critique to Holiday Inn and they said they would contact me and they did! They sent junkmail to my home! I decided that if I didn't hear from anyone I would post this review everywhere I could.. FRONT DESK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL!!!

I found the front desk staff to be unhelpful beginning on my first night. I had asked about the rate I was given (it was higher than the current published rate) and was told that it could not be lowered – my card had already been charged. I have since read HI’s internet policy – and what she told me was wrong. I feel she could have offered to change my rate for the remainder of my stay. But instead, I was “goaded” that rates fluctuate and even if my rate was $30 higher she still wouldn’t be able to change the difference. Given that comment, I felt taken, (I could have changed my reservation to the lower rate prior to checking in) but I was determined to enjoy the rest of my stay regardless.

When we took our showers, we discovered that the shower head had a leak and that water pressure was very low. I notified a front desk clerk who stated she would send maintenance up and I left for the day. When we got back, the shower still leaked and leaked for the rest of my stay.

I was staying with friends and I had the pleasure of sitting in the beautiful lobby a couple of times. I noticed that when most guests exited the elevator or entered the lobby, the clerks gave them a cheerful greeting. My friends and I never received that greeting. Even when I purchased tickets to Wild Adventures – directly after leaving the hotel restaurant - I was asked by the same front desk clerk who took my maintenance order if I was even a guest there. I was mollified! I guess she didn’t believe me because she then asked for my room number. I understand she may not remember everyone – but that would have been better said with “May I have your name and room number?” Then she could have verified it discreetly if need be.

Combined with my traveling companions, our keys had to be reissued approximately 8 times. No apologies were issued – ever. Even when staff can’t help a customer without manager ok – an apology can go a long way. Your Front desk clerks were nice – but lacked customer service skills in my case and my opinion. Did I want to speak with the manager? Yes. Did I think it would do any good? No. Not based on the service I received from the front desk time and time again. Rooms – EXCELLENT Restaurant staff – EXCELLENT Cleaning staff – EXCELLENT. Front Desk Clerks– NEED SERIOUS WORK!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I sent you a message on this site to get as many details from you as possible but you have not responded to me. Our mission is to be the very best hotel with exemplary service always with every guest every visit. One way to ensure we do that is through communication. We like to talk to our guest not only to say thank you but also to fix anything that might go wrong. We are not perfect but we do our best to be as good as we can be. I read where you chose not to ask for a manager which is disappointing. My management team including myself are here to please all of our guest. When given the opportunity to speak with you, most of the time we are able to make you happy. Hopefully you will read all of our reviews and see our overall standings. However; let me offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you received during your visit. This matter has been reviewed with all guests’ service agents. We will learn from it and get better!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

This hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff was excellent and always friendly. We ordered room service the next morning and had a wonderful breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very close to Wild Adventures also which was one of the reasons we picked this hotel. I will definitely return when I'm in the area :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank froggy9979
I always share these responses with the staff as soon as we get them. You should expect the service you received from us and we are proud to have delivered it to you. You are kind to take the time to visit Trip Advisor and we thank you! We look forward to your next visit.