“This is one of our favorite hotels.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
St. Cloud, FL
“This is one of our favorite hotels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

The rooms are spacious and always very clean. The shower is spacious as well. It is convenient to get to from I-75. The lobby is beautiful and always has good music playing. The restaurant in the hotel is quite good, service is friendly and knowledgeable. Room service is also excellent, making sure our every need is met.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have shared your nice comments with the entire hotel staff. They are a great group of hoteliers that do their very best everyday with every guest. It is pleasing to receive nice reviews and yours is greatly appreciated! Come see us soon for another terrific stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

Well, I sent my critique to Holiday Inn and they said they would contact me and they did! They sent junkmail to my home! I decided that if I didn't hear from anyone I would post this review everywhere I could.. FRONT DESK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL!!!

I found the front desk staff to be unhelpful beginning on my first night. I had asked about the rate I was given (it was higher than the current published rate) and was told that it could not be lowered – my card had already been charged. I have since read HI’s internet policy – and what she told me was wrong. I feel she could have offered to change my rate for the remainder of my stay. But instead, I was “goaded” that rates fluctuate and even if my rate was $30 higher she still wouldn’t be able to change the difference. Given that comment, I felt taken, (I could have changed my reservation to the lower rate prior to checking in) but I was determined to enjoy the rest of my stay regardless.

When we took our showers, we discovered that the shower head had a leak and that water pressure was very low. I notified a front desk clerk who stated she would send maintenance up and I left for the day. When we got back, the shower still leaked and leaked for the rest of my stay.

I was staying with friends and I had the pleasure of sitting in the beautiful lobby a couple of times. I noticed that when most guests exited the elevator or entered the lobby, the clerks gave them a cheerful greeting. My friends and I never received that greeting. Even when I purchased tickets to Wild Adventures – directly after leaving the hotel restaurant - I was asked by the same front desk clerk who took my maintenance order if I was even a guest there. I was mollified! I guess she didn’t believe me because she then asked for my room number. I understand she may not remember everyone – but that would have been better said with “May I have your name and room number?” Then she could have verified it discreetly if need be.

Combined with my traveling companions, our keys had to be reissued approximately 8 times. No apologies were issued – ever. Even when staff can’t help a customer without manager ok – an apology can go a long way. Your Front desk clerks were nice – but lacked customer service skills in my case and my opinion. Did I want to speak with the manager? Yes. Did I think it would do any good? No. Not based on the service I received from the front desk time and time again. Rooms – EXCELLENT Restaurant staff – EXCELLENT Cleaning staff – EXCELLENT. Front Desk Clerks– NEED SERIOUS WORK!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I sent you a message on this site to get as many details from you as possible but you have not responded to me. Our mission is to be the very best hotel with exemplary service always with every guest every visit. One way to ensure we do that is through communication. We like to talk to our guest not only to say thank you but also to fix anything that might go wrong. We are not perfect but we do our best to be as good as we can be. I read where you chose not to ask for a manager which is disappointing. My management team including myself are here to please all of our guest. When given the opportunity to speak with you, most of the time we are able to make you happy. Hopefully you will read all of our reviews and see our overall standings. However; let me offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you received during your visit. This matter has been reviewed with all guests’ service agents. We will learn from it and get better!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

This hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff was excellent and always friendly. We ordered room service the next morning and had a wonderful breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very close to Wild Adventures also which was one of the reasons we picked this hotel. I will definitely return when I'm in the area :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank froggy9979
I always share these responses with the staff as soon as we get them. You should expect the service you received from us and we are proud to have delivered it to you. You are kind to take the time to visit Trip Advisor and we thank you! We look forward to your next visit.
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

This Holiday Inn is clean and very inviting. The rooms are very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. With our AAA rate, it was also an excellent value.

Our tissue box was almost empty when we arrived and when we called for a replacement box, it arrived in less than 10 minutes.

The on-site restaurant was also very good. Both my wife's pork chop and my French dip sandwich were very tasty and the service was prompt and courteous.

Morning room service breakfast was fast and the food was prepared exactly to order. The eggs benedict was excellent.

All staff members were polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words about your visit to the Holiday Inn & Conference Center. We are blessed to have such a great staff that loves serving people. Come see us again soon!
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Service and Staff was excellent. Rooms were roomy and clean. The lobby, pool and exercise room were kept clean. Sunday's Buffet was excellent and Saturday's night family style dinner for our family reunion took no exception. Again, the family members enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn & Conference Center. Access to I-75 was great, other restaurants in area, shopping mall, and amusement park nearby. Great Location!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I’m quite embarrassed that I did not respond to you about your nice comments concerning your family reunion. We have enjoyed you and your family and hope you will continue to stay with us when getting together in Valdosta.
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

While traveling with my husband on a business trip to St. Pete, we stopped in Valdosta for one night at the Conference Center. We were greeted promplty by young professionals who valued us as their guests. Keys in hand, smiles on faces, we entered our new, beautifully decorated room with style and charm. After a long tiresome drive from Charleston the bed was truly amazingly soft! The pillows and the down quilt wrapped themselves around you as you sank into the soft plush mattress. The next morning I pampered myself with the Bath and Body works full line of shampoo, conditioners, lotions and potions. What an impressive stay! We checked out of the hotel and was right down the street (within walking distance) to shopping and dining. Valdosta is a neat town! I loved walking around with my husband that day. Check it out! and stay at the Conference Center. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
The best part about such good reviews is that as the GM of the hotel I get a motivational tool for my employees for free. Sharing great comments like yours with the staff always puts a huge smile on their faces. You are very kind to write this way about us and we appreciate you. Always remember to tell everyone you know traveling this way to stay with us. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Holiday Inn was so clean and comfy. But was the customer service at the Holiday Inn .A lot place say they have good customer service. well to get it they need to go to the same training classes as holiday Inn. these guys are king of customer service. in fact that's the thing that made the difference from just a hotel to like a family Holiday at Wild Adventures.

Also I will travel all they way back to this same hotel to get that amazing breakfast. yummmmmy. Thanks Holiday Inn for making memories. #68080938.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You have many choices today in lodging therefore it really comes down to one deciding factor and that is service! We provide the very best training in the industry called Stay Real. It was developed by IHG the parent company for Holiday Inn. We truly believe that every guest must be treated like a loved family member and best friend. We get to know our guest truly and their likes and dislikes. It makes us a better choice. Thank you so much for writing about our customer service and please spread the word for us. Come see us again soon!