“Very nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Beautiful hotel , nice staff, only a few complaints, one being the room we stayed in was a suite that had the kids bunks and a pull out sofa which we did need that was one of the reasons I got this room, but the pull out was nothing but springs, noone could possibly sleep on something like that! I am a very light sleeper though and heard everything and it was pretty noisy as I could hear others in their rooms, like doors closing and people going up and down halls, guess thats normal though??

1  Thank vicki02
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed July 4, 2009

All associates were very friendly and helpful at all times. Went out of their way to get us ajoining rooms.

1  Thank Tr0ller
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed here with our 2 young kids and were very happy. Rooms were clean and spacious. We got a roll-away crib which was new, safe, and clean. The pool is very small but enough for the kids to splash around in and I enjoyed the hot tub. My kids also enjoyed that there were cookies and punch in the lobby every afternoon. Well-insulated for sound. We had a group of noisy teenage boys staying next door to us and were a little worried but we couldn't hear anything in our room. They also give a nice military discount which made our rate very reasonable.

1  Thank mommy2cuteboys
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I got one night at this hotel for $60 on Priceline, and I had high hopes because of the many positive reviews on this site. Unfortunately, when I checked in the first thing was that the woman at the reception desk announced "Oh, so you bought this room on Priceline?" so that everyone around could hear. I said yes, and then she handed me my room key. When I got to my room, I was immediately hit by the strong odor of cigarette smoke. I called back to the front desk, and told her that I didn't want a smoking room. I was told that all they had were smoking rooms, and besides, that is generally what they give to Priceline customers!

Knowing that, and given the unprofessional treatment I received as a Priceline customer I don't think I will stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlis53, GM at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

Please accept our sincere apologies for the way you were treated at our hotel. This employee has received additional training and knows this was wrong. We consider Priceline a partner in our business and hope all Priceline customers enjoy a great stay in Valdosta at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center. The smoking room was simply due to availability and not intentional.
We hope you will stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

The hotel was very good. Clean, quiet, spacious rooms. Even better than that was how wonderful the staff was. While my wife and I were traveling with my father who was helping us move, he slept in one morning and we had to go ahead and get on the road. Whitney at the front desk not only connected us to his room phone about 4 times in a row as we tried to ring the phone to wake him up, she actually went up and knocked on his door for us. Way beyond her job description, for sure. Definitely a quirky story, but for us it made the difference for us that she went above and beyond to meet our needs, even after we had checked out.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quiethouses
Reviewed June 24, 2009

It is a great hotel! Very Clean ! One of the front desk Employees ( Amanda) was very helpful. I will surely stay there again and would suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WIllyTTampa

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and especially Amanda. Amanda has been with us since opening and understands how to take great care of our guests. She also trains all new employees and serves as our Guest Experience Champion.

Reviewed May 22, 2009

Took us in when it was late and we had a bad experience with another hotel. Worked with us and did whatever they could to make us feel comfortable. We are a large group and we felt welcome and unobtrusive. Rooms are great and there are a lot of types to choose from. This is a pretty sweet hotel. So much so I'm writing this from their business center I didn't want to wait!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank mimidaddy
Arlis53, General manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

We thank you for choosing us when we know you had other choices. It was our pleasure to help turn your other experience into a great one with us. Your group was a treat to serve and we hope your trip to Wild Adventures turned out as planned. We look forward to your visit again.
Have a wonderful Summer!