“Very good service. The price is right,the people in the Bar & Restaurant are great.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was treated get by all the employees . The Bar and Restaurant were good as well as the food.The value you get for the price is very good as well.I would stay here agian if in the area.The service was beyond good in the Bar.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear David O.,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in their work and receiving such positive words about our hotel really puts a smile on their face. We hope to have you as a return guest for any future travels back to the Valdosta area.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very nice Inn..good food ..good service. Only problem was we had a handicap room and it was a long way from the elevator. They might think about having some of the handicapped rooms closer to the elevator. We were very pleased to find this Inn as we make this trip often and will stay there again. Also the room was very very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Willa W.,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.
I will pass on your thoughts regarding the location of the handicap rooms for future
consideration. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I used this hotel during our wedding week on Easter Weekend. We chose this hotel because it is less than half a mile from the Conference Center, where we got married, and it has a bar and restaurant in it. I worked with Renee Parker in the Sales Department and she couldn’t have been nicer. Plus she gave us great rates for the rooms we blocked off. I have absolutely no issues with the sales department or front desk personnel. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

As for the hotel, the rooms are big, nice, clean, and had comfortable beds. We had no complaints about the rooms or hotel in general. However, we had a horrible experience with the bartender on that Friday night. I had arranged for the bar to stay open later on Friday night because our wedding party was going to meet there after the rehearsal dinner. We agreed to let other hotel guests have access also, which was no problem with us.

I noticed the problem when I saw a line outside the bar area. I thought it was people watching March Madness on the TV but it was the line to get a drink. After someone told me there was a problem with the bartender, I went to check myself. After about a minute of observation, I came to the conclusion that she reminded me of the Soup Nazi (Seinfeld reference) with amnesia. I say this because she was rude as hell, extremely slow, and couldn’t remember a drink order to save her life. Why was there a bartender working on a busy night who couldn’t even remember an order of a Bud Light and Jack and Coke without having to ask five times what the order was and then screwing up the order. And these were not difficult orders: Jack and Coke, Crown and Sprite, beer, wine, screwdriver, etc. These are not hard drinks to make or remember.

After numerous complaints to the front desk, a manager came over and asked if the bartender needed help and she said no. That should have even been a discussion that included an option for her to stay. The manager should have told her to go home right then and got someone else to work the bar. Unfortunately, they let her stay until the bar closed. Most of the people in my group got mad and went to their rooms. Other hotel guests did the same.

I had talked this up to the wedding party for a month prior to the wedding and then this fiasco happens. Not only did the service suck but it made me look like bad. The hotel helped a little by giving us a bar credit for Saturday night, but most people didn’t want to go back. Thank God they had a new bartended Saturday night, who I will say did a great job. Had she been their Friday night, they would have doubled what they made with the Bar Nazi.

I hate that one person screwed up our stay, but in this case, that’s exactly what happened. We chose this hotel because it had a nice bar in it. Had I known how bad a bartender was working there Friday night, I would have gone somewhere else. I’m not sure what that lady is good at, but it damn sure isn’t customer service and bartending. I would suggest moving her somewhere that does not require direct contact with guests.

So, overall, the hotel is a nice and convenient place to stay. However, I hope we raised enough stink about Friday night that the bartender situation has been resolved. If so, then I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Valdosta.

I want to once again thank Renee for her help with all this and hope that things have gotten better there.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, stay on the front side of the hotel. A train runs behind it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Todd,
Thank you for your kind reveiw of our hotel and many of our warm and caring staff members. I have relayed your sentiments to all. I apologize that the actions of one blemished the overall experience of your stay. Please be assured that we have corrected this situation to prevent such a recurrence. We enjoyed hosting your group and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My stay was refreshed when I went down for a sandwich and a beer. There was problems with the beer distribution system and Christy worked well with the problem. Great lady great asset. The people are a great part of this property.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kazmilk
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Kazmilk,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear Christy took great care
of you. We have a wonderful staff that truly care for their guests. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and nice. King size bed. Spacious room. We forgot a toothbrush but no problem because they gave us some. The mall is 4 miles away. People are very friendly. We even brought our baby and there was stuff for her to do also.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear kc0303,
We appreciate your review of our hotel and staff. It's always nice to hear from our guests. I'm
glad we had the opportunity to serve you and your family and look forward to seeing you again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

After flying in from my winter home in Los Angeles, I came home to find my local house in Valdosta overridden with termites. Devastated, I knew I had to find a hotel to stay at. A friend of mine recommended the Holiday Inn and conference center, because they explained to me that it was a very nice facility with friendly workers and amazing food. I was skeptical at first due to a previous stay at a Crowne Plaza in Atlanta. (knowing that the two are in the same chain) However, I decided to give it a try. I came in and I was immediately welcomed with a warm smile at the front desk. I checked in and was very satisfied with the appeal of the entire hotel. My hotel room was exceedingly nice. I was very pleased with my stay at the Holiday Inn.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Noah B
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Noah B,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent trip home. It's always nice to hear great feedback on our friendly staff and smiling front desk crew. I'll be sure to pass it on. I'm sorry about your house and hope all is well, by now. Enjoy your visit home!

Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a pleasant front desk staff, very helpful and aiming to please their customers. The hotel is as well very clean and the rooms are warm and welcoming. It was nice that they offered to drink tickets per guest (wine or beer and a few select well drinks). The bar staff was pleasant, however needs to be a little bit more accomodating to the guest when they wish to take their drink to their rooms in something other than a styrofoam cup. Considering you can get room service and get a glass then. Worse though was the restaurant staff. I opted out on dinner with the friends that arrived later than expected and I am glad as the restaurant staff was less than attentive which I had witnessed earlier in the evening. They stood around chatting and not worrying about guest that were coming in to dine. I told my husband, he should have told the manager as this man takes pride in his hotel. So outside of the restaurant staff, definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends